Friday, April 18, 2008

If you're bored- Vote!

If you're bored between now and sometime in May and have nothing better to do I added a poll on my sidebar for the baby's middle name.

The heavens have aligned, pigs everywhere have sprouted their wings, and a little place I know and I'll probably end up in has frozen over solid. Why do I say this- because Cody and I have picked out the baby's first name! It's usually a battle for us that includes months and months of arguing. We had such a hard time with Ashlyn's name we let the public decide and had a voting box in our living room for months- not kidding. I wanted Hailey but sadly it wasn't the popular vote, I'm just glad no one voted for Cody's favorite (Felicia). This time I gave Cody a list with 7 names on it and he looked it over, picked two that he liked and we agreed on Kennedy. I love my husband so much! I LOVE Kennedy. It's one that's been on my girl list since before Jeremy. There are a few problems with a girl named Kennedy though like an acceptable nickname and a girly middle name to balance out the masculine-ish first name. I don't want anyone to call her Kenny. We have 3 months to figure it out so it's all good.

If you have an opinion I'd like to hear it! Good, bad, or ugly let me have it. I'm still going to name her Kennedy but all opinions will be considered- assuming there not too ugly.

I'm off to my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary shindig this weekend and I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again. I should be able to get some really great pictures, not to mention Jo-anns is having a great sale and I have to hurry and make a girl quilt.

Have a great weekend.

9 comments:

  1. I loved Kennedy but then my first husbands name was Ken so that was out. I did get a grand daughter named Kenna though, which I liked and was my oldest sons name if he was a girl, and my second sons name if he was a girl. And then ofcourse with both husbands they had K names (ken and Kevin) so we had to stick with K names. Bridgers real name is Kevin Bridger. I am going to think on a middle name. Kennedy Lynn, I think it kind of has to be a one sylable

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am between Claire and Grace. But you know I'm a sucker for Claire. I'm sure whatever you choose it will be good. Just don't let Cody pick..

    :)Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our friends up in Moscow Idaho had a daughter named Kennedy and I can't remember her middle name, but they did call her Kenna sometimes for a nickname.. it was kinda cute! I LOVE the name Kennedy too - it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it came time to name my daughter I was voting for Hailley as well, but that did not happen. We named her Kaci instead!
    Best wishes from Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kenna is a cute nickname and not boyish like Kenny... Middle name! OYE... Grace & Claire are both good. I'm not coming up with anything else either... Kennedy Autumn is a mouthful... How exciting that you guys have your name already! Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the name! At first I really like Grace for the middle name. . .but then that makes her initials KGB. . . is that bad? Nope, guess not. We have a KGB on the Packers. . .Kabeer Gbaja Bjamila (spelling?). Anyway. . .I'll vote. Our final girl name was McKinnlee. We had different names for every pregnancy. Never got to use the girl ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kennedy is one of my favorite girl names. I love the combo of boyish with a feminine classic girls name. So I prefer Claire or Grace. I will think about it and vote later. I have been through the name choosing game and it can be hard. Think of choosing twin names. You want them to go together but not rhyme or match and you still have to agree. Somehow we managed. Hailey is one of my twins names :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Several had already voiced my choice! GRACE

    Carol in E TN

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say Kennedy Grace for sure! And as for a nick name, how about Kendie? Cute and different! Oh and I love your tutorial. Beautiful dress. I should make one for my little girl!

    ReplyDelete