Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What's a smocket?


Well it's a super cute smock with a pocket of course! I kept running across a link to make one from The Mayfly blog on several different sites forever ago and I finally did yesterday. It turned out so cute and didn't take very long to make. I find I can get a lot of sewing projects done when I don't have a car for 2 weeks and my washing machine is broken. Now if only my dishwasher and oven would brake then I would have even more time... no just kidding.

I think the pattern for the smocket is great but I'm going to do a few things differently when I make one for the baby and Mary. This one is Kaci's and even on her skinny little arms the shorter ties by the neck are not long enough so it's quite tight in her arm pits. The Mayfly mentions the pattern is about a 2t and I agree if it weren't for the tight arms, as is it's probably an 18 months. Longer ties in the front for the next few and it'll be great. I can't wait to make more. I love instant gratification sewing. If you have a little girl or know a little girl go make a smocket!

I'm off to go find quarters for my laundry... I can't wait until my washer's fixed.

2 comments:

  1. That did turn out CUTE! I love it! Your so darn crafty! I wish I would have picked up some of that fabric when they had is at the store. Dumb me.

    :)Rachel

    ReplyDelete