I've been working really hard getting my quilt top finished for the last 2 days. I was a few blocks behind at the last class so I needed to get them done. I'm really proud of myself, I finished the 3 blocks I was missing yesterday and 3 more today to finish my border pieces. The blocks are done and now they just need to be put together and quilted. It looks so cute when I lay them all out. Blue puppies, kids playing, red polka dots, red chenille back- soo boy.


So I've spent two days non-stop, except for the occasional nutty bar and bag of cheetos, so I could have the quilt top done to blog about my little guy and his new little quilt.
This is where the big news comes in-

Yes, I'm wrong again (for the 3rd time in a row), and we are going to have a little girl. I'm positive. I saw "it" at least 5 times, probably six. I asked her at least 5 times, probably six to double check. We looked from every angle and there's nothing extra there.
I'm not disappointed, she's perfectly healthy and just as active as can be with perfect bits and pieces and measuring exactly where she should. We are so lucky to have the awesome kids we have and I'm so excited to be adding to our family, boy or girl. I just feel kind of huh? I don't know how to describe it and I'm sure anyone who's been wrong before has felt the same way. I just thought the odds were in my favor this time and I was sooo sure!
I tried to buy something girly to mark the occasion but only having a Wallys makes it really hard to find something totally cute, so I bought this dress. I'll be headed to Boise soon and I'm sure I can find more than one something then.

I'll have to take the two blue car rompers I bought back. Hhumm... 4 girls in a row.... still trying to wrap my brain around it... 4 teenage PMS hormones in a row. POOR Jeremy in about 10 years. Pray for him will you.
maybe the boy decided to stay back until later. .....hehe more babies. That way you wouldnt stop. Sorry. Love that wally dress anyway.
ReplyDelete♥ I love your quilt blocks! I really like the that second one too! So what are you going to do with this quilt???
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that she is perfectly healthy and I love the dress it's very cute and springy!
My brother grew up in a house with 5 girls and he turned out okay! :)
Well I was wrong to if that makes you feel any better. I was sure that Jake was in there. I stand by my statement in our earlier conversation that the girls are up there pushing him out of the way. And he being the gentleman that he is letting them go first.
ReplyDeleteLove your little alien baby picture
& Your blocks turned out great!
:)Rachel
Congratulations!! Healthy baby!!
ReplyDeleteI was sure I was having a second girl until the morning of the ultrasound and I changed my mind while in the shower that day...then I was right!! haha
I was CERTAIN my third was a girl. . .and he's the only one that I found out with. Good thing I found out too. . Mom had bought pink material to make receiving blankets. I'm not as brave as you are. I am all done at 3 boys. People keep saying to me, "Don't you want to see if there is a girl for you?" I say, "Nope. They say God doesn't give you more than you can handle, but I'm not taking any chances!" Congrats! Good luck! Daddy better clean his shotgun (just kidding - dating. . . you get the picture).
ReplyDeleteA girl!! congratulations Bridget, i am so glad baby is doing fine and is healthy, i wanted you to have a boy too but healthy is good,yeah good luck to your DH and hey email me and send me your snail mail address,big hugs,Rosa.
ReplyDeletevery exciting! That dress is darling!! (as is your smocket above! You are very talented!)
ReplyDelete