Thursday, March 13, 2008

What to do with a mullet...

I love Kaci's hair- it looks just like mine did when I was a tiny thing, really short and straight on top and curly in the back. The short on top thing isn't so cute but the curls are fun and it keeps her looking like my little baby for a bit longer. I've been plugging away at my machine sewing the girls' easter dresses when it just hit me. How in the world am I going to fix Kaci's hair for easter? What can you do with a mullet? The picture doesn't show how short the top truly is, about 2" max, because I use so much spray gel and hair spray it just "flows" toward the rubber bands even if it's not in the rubber bands.
I usually go over the top on their hair but short of throwing a matching hat on her I'm clueless as to what to do and she won't leave anything on anyway. Of all the problems in the world right now I'm sure this one is on the top of the list, or really high anyway, right next to pollution and wearing white socks with dress shoes...


Mary was cracking me up on Tuesday with this picture. She looks just like my dad when she's concentrating. She was trying to string a foam bead necklace with a ginormous plastic needle and kept sticking her tongue out and huffing when she got to a tricky part. Such a Musgrove thing to do, that's what I get for naming after that side of the family!

I really need to get off here and get back to my sewing, I feel like a small 5 yr. old factory worker- get back to work! If I get quiet over the next few days don't worry, I'm just going to be sewing for 16 hours straight for the next 9 days (AHHHH! only 9 days of sewing left!!). Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with Kaci's hair. Love Mary's look! And good job on your sewing... I'm so glad I don't have to stress out about dresses this year! --You can do it!-- "in my best Spanish accent"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found with Kimbers hair if I dont do it every day than she wants it out. If I get her use to it every day then she is fine, so you might have to start doing her hair now so she will keep it in, in 9/8 days. As far as a mullet....Good luck with that, sorry, Ive got nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What to do with a Mullet!? You slap her in an 80's music video, that's what you do. Get a jump start on her new occupation.
    Just kidding. I laughed though...

    I think her hair looks great in that picture. I love her little curls. Wish my daughter had some hair. Her and I are losing it at the same time. Female pattern baldness maybe?

    And Mary looks like my dad, he does the very same thing (with his mouth that is). Maybe your dad and my dad are brother's. :)

    I really need to stop typing now I am getting dumber by the minute.

    ;)Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add some cute bows to those ponytails and you're all set! I give you so much credit for sewing their dresses...I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete