
I absolutely love winter, it's my favorite season, but enough already! It's time to sweep winter under the rug and all the viruses and germs that go with it. Jeremy came home early from school on thursday with a fever and had a fever of 102 or higher all weekend. It finally broke Saturday night and he spent the day home from church with me yesterday just in case. He's fine now but I'm not one that likes to risk getting other people's children sick so I keep them home if there's even the slightest chance they are contagious.
Cody decided to take all the girls to church with him by himself (brave, brave soul) and while there Mary threw up during primary. Great- just give me the most awesome mom award right now for that one. She didn't have a fever or give any clue that she wasn't feeling good when I sent her. I'm so sorry to whoever cleaned that up. They told Cody to just take her home and they would keep the other two at church until he came back, I'm sure they wanted him to take the "canon" home so it wouldn't go off again at church. She did fine when she got home and hasn't been sick since so I'm not sure what that was all about. If I could ask the easter bunny to bring me something this year I would ask for airborne, zicam, tylenol cold and flu, kleenex, etc..., or maybe just bring Spring please.

Last night I had a wicked craving for doughnuts but my conscience (and my gelatinous thighs) wouldn't allow me to do it so I tried a recipe for baked doughnuts instead of fried, cause that's so much healthier ;o). They turned out really good. They tasted like a baked doughnut though, not quite crispy creme if you catch my drift. Ashlyn had a blast helping me decorate them and I ignored my thighs for a second and decided to fill a few with lemon and make some into maple bars. YUM! I don't have to get weighed for another 3 weeks so bring it on!
Okay I have to say I laughed out loud at the term "canon". Such visuals in my head.
ReplyDeleteYour doughnuts look yummy too. I want the maple looking one. :)
Rachel
Oh and if you have gelatinous thighs what does that make me? ;) Denny's tonight right! It's just adding fuel to the fire... Ha ha
ReplyDelete;)R
Beautiful. Post the recipe.
ReplyDeleteI had the same vision running through my head of Mary. Poor girl! I remember in 1st grade getting sick in class I was so embarrased!
ReplyDeleteSo are you ready to teach on another holiday? :)
Well I am DYING for spring here! Snow snow and more snow. Those donuts looks so good I could never make them. I have no self control so I manage that by not making it available. Mean huh?
ReplyDeleteI am sorry for the sickies. Throwing up in public is a phobia for me. I have done it plenty while pregnant too (yah fun). I have the same shirt that is on your daughter, well my twins do (it would not fit me).