Saturday, March 29, 2008

Playing Catch Up

After last weekend I haven't really felt up to doing much lately so I've been lying low, enjoying the last of the Easter candy and catching up on my laundry. This post is going to be just a catch up post since I haven't done anything super amazing this week (warning- if you are looking for something good to read hit your back button, yes I'm that boring today).
Ashlyn discovered that she was actually operated on and super girl is no more. I know I told her but for some reason she thought they just put her to sleep to look at the problem, so when I changed her dressing the other day and she saw it she wigged out- tears popping out in every direction. She's back! She's been taking it easy since then which is good because she was trying to wrestle her brother and slide down the stairs on her tummy- a no no.

My great grandpa passed away earlier this week and his funeral was yesterday. I wanted to go but I wasn't up to it, sorry I missed it and missed everyone! My Grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary is in a few weeks so I'll see everyone then.

Thursday night I decided that Mary needed a hair cut and since I think I can do everything myself I tried to give her a cute Lucy from "Narnia" do. I've been thinking of cutting her hair like that for over a year now but just couldn't commit until she threw an absolute tissy about getting her hair brushed. After an hour and a half of trying to even it up I gave up and decided to take her in Friday when I was getting my hair trimmed. Because I hacked her hair and one side was really short we decided to give her an "A" line bob. I regret cutting her hair but it looks so much cuter than what I did to it. She loves it- no more tangles!


Cody and I stayed up late watching "Dave in Real Life" and "I am Legend" last night. I could live my entire life without watching either ever again. After I am legend I had to have Cody escort me to the bathroom to brush my teeth and then he had to go upstairs ahead of me to bed. I'm such a baby.



Today I helped the kids build a super deluxe 2 person fort while I made banana muffins and cleaned. We are a thrilling bunch!
If you made it this far without skimming (come on admit it, we all do it) then you deserve a muffin!
Have a great weekend and hopefully I'll have a really cute idea or two and a new blog look to share.

4 comments:

  1. ♥ Her hair is SUPER cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her hair is even better today! LOVE IT!!

    :)Rachel

    Told you those movies are a snore.. I didn't care for either as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didnt skim at all, I love your blog. We all have boring lives. Her hair cut is cute cute cute! and I love your new blog. I have already eaten all the easter candy. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the sweetest hair cut. I love it!

    ReplyDelete