I finally finished the last Easter dress at 10 Saturday night and then I needed to finish up my Relief Society lesson. Next year I will be buying dresses! It was yucky outside so I didn't get good outside pictures of them dressed up, I'll be staging a photo shoot in a week or two when my yard is cleaner and the weather is better.

We spent the day at Cody's parents house with his family and it was so much fun. As long as I can remember they've always had chili after church and homemade bread with the best salads and desserts. After the moms get done eating we all go into a bedroom, lay a basket for each kid on a bed (there's usually a ton of them), and throw candy at them until they are full to the brim. Then the dads take them and hide them outside for the kids to find. Through the years I've seen baskets in the creek, up in the trees, under buckets, and even one that was buried in the ground. There's also an egg hunt which was Kaci's favorite, she passed up her candy basket to keep hunting eggs. It ends up being a huge sugar high for the kids with a basket in the morning and an entire basket full of candy at grandma's but I'm not afraid of a little sugar coma. Maybe I'll get a nap today ;o).

Oh, I almost forgot. I gave the kids their Easter shirts early so they could wear them to school for the school egg hunt. That left a "hole" in the basket layout and I couldn't have that, so I asked Cody if he would pick up something for each of them. Something small that would fit in the palm of his hand and that wasn't candy- a toy or book or something. He said sure and this is what he brought home.... remind me not to ask him to pick things up for me anymore. I didn't think I had to specify "oh, and something that doesn't eat, drink, or poop".

Today it's back in the trenches I go. My bathroom looks like a bachelor lives here and we are out of spoons and skivvies. Hope everyone had a great Easter!!
The dresses turned out cute! I still can't believe you sewed 3 dresses! You'r my hero.
ReplyDeleteTheir hair was way cute too! Good luck with your new "pets".
;)Rachel.
Glad you had a great Easter! Sounds like fun.
You are a super-woman! The dresses are darling!
ReplyDeleteThe dresses are cute! Your sons colors also turned out cute. You did a great job. You make me laugh out of spoons and skivvies. Glad you finished the dresses. Way to go.
ReplyDeleteThe dresses did turn out cute!
ReplyDeleteI'd die if Joe brought home live chicks!!! Then he would die! :)
Sounds like a great Easter!
hi bridget
ReplyDeleteI've been taking a peek at you blog through rachel's. I had to come and see how the dresses turned out. Very cute! You're making me a little homesick. we used to do the egg hunt at great gma baxter's house when I was little. Good memories =)
Lindsy (Baxter) Kevan
... cody's cousin