
Ashlyn had outpatient surgery yesterday and everything went great. She wasn't scared at all and acted like the entire thing was no big deal. She's our drama queen so I was prepared for a lot of tears but to my surprise she never shed one. She told me last night she almost thought of crying in the operating room but didn't. I'm so proud of her! She told me they had her smell "monkey perfume" and it smelled like garbage and then she went to sleep.
She had a hard time with the anesthetic and couldn't hold anything down for a few hours after she woke up but was fine at dinner time and got to eat french fries. Today she looks a little green but she's been telling me it feels a little better and that she doesn't need any medicine. She actually likes medicine so I was surprised and a little relieved because the medicine they gave her to take home was supposed to make her throw up. I gave her some regular Tylenol last night so she could sleep better and she asked me why she was taking it, she said she felt fine. She's a super hero!
In a couple weeks she can beat up the boys again.
Way to go Ashlyn! I'm impressed, no drugs! That's funny about the monkey perfume that smelled like garbage. Glad her little surgery is over & she is doing great!
ReplyDelete:)Rachel
"monkey perfume" that's so funny... I'm so glad that she is doing so well!!! She's tough as nails!
ReplyDeleteWhat a big girl...glad she did well...I'm sure that made YOU do better. (surgery isn't usually easy for mommies either)
ReplyDeleteI am happy for you both. Moms can only take so much. What a blessing she not only did well but acted like a trooper. Tell her to eat some french fries for me... way to go.
ReplyDelete