Thursday, April 17, 2008

Touche`!

I am a girl. I admit that. I also admit to crying while watching chick flicks, eating more than my weight in chocolate each month, and trying to squeeze cream or cream cheese or butter into every recipe I can. I admit to shopping probably a little too much but each and every item I buy is a necessary item- really. Cody doesn't always think so. Take for example my sewing machine ruffler foot. I love it and sure I've only used it twice in a year but when I start ruffling everything I'm going to need it. It saves me time and the huge headache I get when trying to pull a gather to get a regular ruffle only to have the threads brake. It's pure genius I tell you!
Every time I talk about it Cody gives me that look. If you're married, ever been married, dating, or had a male figure in your life at one time or another you've seen it. It's the "I can't believe you wasted xxx amount of $$$ on that. You never use it, wear it, or look at it so why do you need it" look. I get that look often. I still buy things anyway.

Look what I found in my window this morning...

Why on earth do you need gum-o-flage? It's pine scented and flavored, contains resinous glaze and chlorophyll, and looks like a green prop from the Shrek movies. The man works around wood on a regular basis, you'd think he could just grab a chunk of real pine and just suck on it for a while and that's free. Heck, I would even go find a pile of real wood for him and he can pay me the $5.5o a pack- it would even be organic. Do deer really get close enough they can smell your breath? I'm just asking. So my love I'm giving you the "look", touche`

7 comments:

  1. THAT'S fantastic! Totally can relate. For us, it's the wall of tools in the garage. He thinks his tools should be displayed & within easy reach. I say, "You don't use them enough for them to be out in plain sight. The kids think they can play with them then, even the dangerous ones." So I bought him a nice big tool chest for Christmas. Of course, it's still in the box & the blessed wall of tools is more than half empty & God only knows where the kids have placed the tools. I digress. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha...too funny! My Hubby bought all kinds of scenty stuff for hunting last fall too...he does it every year...still waiting to see the deer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never even heard of that gum. hehe. Good one. Girl stuff is way more important than boy stuff anyway, you really could have used that 5.50 for more important girly stuff also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cracking me up! I can think of better things to spend
    $5.50 on. Oh deer hunting boys...

    :)Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. ♥ That does't even sound remotely tasty! I'm with you take it like a man and chew some real bark! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok...does it 'camoflage' the words that come out of his mouth to also sound like 'Yes, dear'? That would be a bargain! :) heee hee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my ! My DH has not found the gum yet.... But we have all scenty stuff everywhere! He even gets dressed during deer hunting outside!! Does not want to contaminate the clothes!!

    ReplyDelete