Monday, April 14, 2008

My boy


My son, my only son, is the most helpful guy on the face of the planet. Well not all the time, we all have our moments, but most of the time he's so helpful. I just had to brag about Jeremy today because I woke up at 7:00 this morning to him unloading the dishwasher. I never asked him to do it and he knows he has a free pass from chores in the morning just to make sure he gets his teeth brushed and ready for school on time but he did it anyway. What 8 year old boy unloads the dishwasher without being asked, begged, or threatened? Mine!
He loves to help me in the kitchen occasionally. He grated cheese and chopped green onions like a pro last night. He loves using sharp utensils so I have to channel his knife obsession into a good thing like being my sous chef. He is a boy.

He's so good with his little sisters, I find him packing Kaci around all the time and she just eats it up. She loves her "Jim". Sometimes he's a little too helpful with the youngsters but I'll take any help I get. He really loves them to pieces, sometimes literally when he tries to show them the new wrestling move he made up or his karate moves.

I just love this boy! I can't describe it but it goes something like this- I'd love him if he were a lazy little thing that refused to eat his brussel sprouts (which he loves by the way). I'd love him even if he picked his nose, after he washed his hands of course. I love him for him and I have the pleasure of having such a great boy. I'm so lucky!
By the way, I've adjusted to the fact that I'm having a girl. I know my last post sounded a little anti-female but that wasn't my intention. Just shocked is all. I celebrated Saturday and bought a pile of cute girly fabric. Our tiny fabric store had a 28% off sale so I got a little of this and a little of that to make some cute things for the baby. I'm going to have a ton of fun on this one!

4 comments:

  1. ♥ Cute pictures! What a great kid to help out so much. Mine are all the type that need to be prodded, begged and threatened! Can't wait to see all you cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you getting along with your boy at the moment! Me and my boys (which I have too many) are just not working well together.

    He such a cutie, great picture of him.

    :)rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. He deserves extra points for a 7AM dishwasher unloading. WOW. He is in training for a great missionary companion and future husband. Way to go mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ho sweet is he. Maybe he could come teach my 12 year old a thing or two. I am sure it is because he has a great mom who teaches by example.

    ReplyDelete