
The summer is just flying by which is kind of bitter sweet. On one hand it means the kids are going to be in school very soon which will be a good thing and on the other hand it means that we are running out of time to really do anything as a family before school starts. We had planned on going to the coast this summer but with Cody's work schedule we couldn't work it in. I just feel like I didn't get a chance to go anywhere. Really we did a lot together this summer and I had the chance to go by myself anywhere I wanted and did several times. I think I just have that "we could have" or the "we should have" feeling even though we had a blast and the kids are loving everything about the last 2 1/2 months. We still have 2 trips to make before school starts so I have the feeling I'm going to be so glad to stay home by the time it's over. I'm such a girl- wishy washy and feeling like I should be regretting something.
I did go to the store last night and found several fabrics that I actually liked for $1 a yard. I got some silky p.j.'s material for Mary, some great sea foam green sheer for Halloween costumes, some black alphabet knit that will make some cute doll bodies or whatever the heck I feel like at the time, some sheer fabric that is totally gymboree wildflower fields inspired, and a bunch of lining fabric to make those baskets I posted about. I feel a little more prepared for my sewing getaway next week but I really want to make a basket before I go to prime the mojo pump. If you're wondering where the turtle in my title fits in- it doesn't. I asked Mary what a good title would be and that's what she came up with. I thought it was catchy and the picture is just so stinking cute ;o). Have a great summer, what's left of it anyway!
Sounds like you have a lot of fun stuff planned... I love the dollar bolts, when they have good stuff on them, that is! Have fun next week...
ReplyDeleteHey lady nice turtle!
ReplyDelete