Friday, August 3, 2007

Happy Happy Birthday Mary Dear!

Since I can't sleep yet again and I've been staring at the computer screen for hours (thank goodness Cody is coming home tomorrow or my eyes might dry up and fall out) it's now past midnight which means it's Mary's Birthday today. I can't believe my cute little 9 lb ham is now a full fledged 3 yr. old. When we brought her home from the hospital it took her 6 days before we even heard a peep out of her, she was so laid back and calm. Now she's a lot more lively and fiercely independent and super hilarious. I can't wait until we get high speed internet so I can add a video of her singing "Champion" from chicken little, it melts my heart. She loves people and is the most outgoing girl. She has more acquaintances than I do that's for sure. Although two is my absolute favorite age I think with Mary she just gets cuter and cuter the older she gets if that's even possible. We'll see if I sing a different tune by the time she turns 13 :0). Happy Birthday Posa!


*Picture credits go to the Sew Mama Sew blog* I haven't made one (yet).

While I was surfing tonight looking for projects- I need more projects to do like I need a walking talking poke in the eye-but I found the cutest bagsket. I think I'm going to try to make a few basket style ones for the girls room, not so much the purse version. How cute would it be to have a few of these in coordinating fabrics in varying sizes sprinkled throughout their bedroom?? Very cute! I can just see the costume jewelry and littlest pet shops in their new homes already.

Here's the link to the tutorial, excellent instructions and great pictures I might add.

http://foofanagle.wordpress.com/2007/06/26/bagsket-tutorial/

8 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY! I am spinning for you! Cute bag tote too! :) Have a great day frosting cupcakes!Enjoy the Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and we could so make those bags. I just checked out the instructions. They don't look as scary as I thought they would. Hmmmm a trip to the fabric store... yup that is something we need to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I was thinking! You too Rachel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute bag! I can't wait to try. I love the idea a organization right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK FINE!! IF I LICK YOUR FLOOR WILL YOU POST AN UPDATE ON YOUR BLOG? :):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 3rd birthday to your daughter! Its such a lovely age isn't it? Mine is 3 in less than 3 months, and could do a duet to the Champion song from Chicken Little with your daughter! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think these baskets are great! what if you slipped a bucket inside of it before you put the lining in it. Then make the lining adding a caseing and drawstring to the top. slip the caseing in the bucket and draw it up around the rim. of course you can take off the manufactured handle if there is one! I'm thinking you can make these for craft stations or really big ones for toy's. Or am I over thinking again?

    ReplyDelete