

Our little Ashlyn turned 5 on Friday. Her birthday party went off without a hitch and almost everyone that came had a blast (we had one crier that didn't make it through). I don't know what I would have done without mom though, when she came at about 3 I was still in my superman p.j.'s and needed a shower desperately!! She watched the kids so I could hose down, she decorated the cupcakes for me and helped me get the party going and decorated. I wish I had a clone of her in the closet for these types of situations, thanks mom. Ashlyn told me this was the best birthday ever. I don't think she remembers her other birthdays but I'm still taking that as a "well done mom". We had personal pizzas followed by birthday jello and of course littlest pet shop cupcakes then the girls donned their paint shirts and painted statues. That was their favorite part and it was so cute to see the pride in each face when they were all finished. I wanted to add a picture of Ashlyn as a newborn but I haven't unpacked those yet so here is an old scrapbook page I did when she was 2 weeks old. I miss those days!

And now for the cut...
Ashlyn got her hair cut today. Cody and I were talking about getting our hair cut - to be honest he told me he felt like shaving his head so I retorted with a "I'm getting a bob then" when he told me that he would let me cut Mary's hair into a long bob. Long story short I decided Mary's hair is finally getting fixable and that we should trim Ashlyn and Cody grabbed a pair of shears and gave her a nice whack in the back. Sooooo we had to cut it. I love it though and I think she looks so grown-up and cute. She says it's bouncy hair so she's been bounding throughout the house. Maybe it will keep the whining to a minimum when I need to fix her hair in the morning.


I love Ashlyn's new bouncey hair! I think the look on her face in the top dew picture say's it all! Mom
ReplyDelete