Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Calling all hanger-uppers!

This message is regarding the last few phone calls I have received from anonymous cell phone users. Telemarketers I can understand, they have a job to do and as annoying to me as it may be I can choose not to answer it and I assume they understand that I'm not going to answer it. The random reminder calls I keep getting - a tad annoying seeing that I am schedule minded and have never forgotten an appointment, ever. The people who call asking for Cody during the day when they know he's not at home and they know his cell phone number so they proceed to tell me "oh, I'll just try his phone then". Okay, fine. I can deal with this.

Now I'm going to speak harshly about a certain group of people (you know who you are) that are known as the hanger-uppers. I keep answering the phone knowing full well that I don't know you. I answer knowing that I'm going to have to tell you that you have the wrong number but that's alright. I answer knowing I'm going to have to give you a courtesy laugh so you don't feel so awkward. The point is I walk the couple dozen steps to my phone as a courtesy to you. The least you can do is say "I'm sorry, I must have dialed the wrong number." but do I hear that, NO!

I've heard "Who is this". Who is this??? It's my phone you're calling, who are you! Then you hang up. Next I hear "Ted pass me the, oh crap" Click. Really, is that an acceptable salutation these days?

I just want you to know I'm on to you. Never again will you trick me with your alluring unknown number. Never again will you hear my sweet voice saying "hello". Never again. You have abused me for the last time and now you will have to hear "Baxter's, leave a message". What is this world coming to! For those of you who've finished reading this long rant you deserve a cookie and some sort of medal. As you can see, it's been a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment