Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Miss Mary Mack

All dressed in… Good Folks? Much better than black if you ask me. I did manage to throw on a silver button though.

00missmackdress_edited-1

My little Mack turned 6 last week and it seemed only fair that if I’m going to be making things for all her cousins she should have one to, especially for her birthday.

00missmackdress2

00butterickB4118I used Butterick B4118 view A for the basic shape (because figuring out sleeves stinks) but I know this pattern is not as full as I like so I cut it out one size bigger and used my own seam allowance. I just extended the length to make it a dress- easy!

I had a few questions that I forgot to answer before I accidently deleted all my mail so I thought I’d answer them here for the good of all. There were more than that but some were duplicates so I think this should cover it.

~Q&A’s~

Project cousin skirt

Shawnna said...

Can you tell us where to get the pattern for this skirt? it is uber cute!

A: Thanks, I made the skirts by looking at a picture I saved a few years ago and winging it so no pattern. Sorry! But if you want to buy one or try to wing it yourself I was inspired by a Matilda Jane skirt kind of like this one.

Big Bad Bermuda’s

Crafty Mama said...

I think they are super cute! How did you do the inside of the leg or were the pants already lined? Regardless they are adorable!

A: I cut the jeans off where I wanted them and opened up the outside seam on the legs by a few inches. I pinned a strip of fabric to the jeans right sides together and sewed up and around and then turned it so it’s just lined for a few inches on the inside and it kind of made it’s own vent that way. Hope that makes sense. I wish I would have skipped the top stitching I did though.

Back into the trenches for today. This lemon lime popcorn isn’t going to eat itself ;).

5 comments:

  1. WOW! I love it! It's so bright and colorful...much nicer than black..
    She's a cutie-patootie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is adorable! I have that pattern. How genius to extend the length to make a dress. I will need to give it a whirl. Making it big will allow for a long sleeve shirt underneath when it gets cooler too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Love the last line. Your posts make me happy. Hope pregnancy is treating you well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had that EXACT SAME PATTERN! Your version is absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! I absolutely LOVE the fabric combo you used.

    ReplyDelete