We just harvested our garden today and I had to share the abundance of produce we picked.
Here they are! Our 2 dying finger carrots. Aren’t they pretty? I’m really proud of these 2 carrots. We started out with a bunch of baby carrots and tomatoes but they kept dying off one by lonely little one until all we had left was one broken tomato plant and 2 carrots. The tomatoes are still plugging along but will probably freeze before we ever get a ripe one. By golly we have 2 carrots and we did grow something. I grow kids much better than gardens ;).
Speaking of that here’s a shot for the Grandma’s. The traditional first day of school picture, an after school shot. Mary got a new haircut and it was crooked so I had to take her to the salon after she got out while the others were still in school. The morning pictures I took really bug me. I want to cock my head to the side just to look at Mary’s. They always look so cute the first day though.
They loved their first day!
I loved sending them to their first day :).
You were right on: I'm green (thumb) with envy! We're on the road this year, thus no weedin', plantin', toilin' or harvestin'. Sure is fun and I miss it! Congrats on your yield! They're pretty cute, your carrots.
ReplyDeleteMy tomato plants are the same...I have 4 plants with tons of tomatoes on them but they are all still green and pretty sure we'll have frost before I get a ripe one!
ReplyDeleteI love your baby carrots. :)