Friday, July 2, 2010

Extra fireworks will be fired

Today was the big day, I had my 20 week ultrasound this morning! I’ve been so worried that something was going to be wrong. Not that I have a big reason to feel that way but I’ve been so blessed to have 5 healthy kids I was nervous that something could come up this time. I feel that way every single time though. Everything looks great, so that’s a big relief. Baby is growing as it should and is just the cutest little 11 ounce thing.

We were lucky enough to get 2 short little digital clips along with the pictures so it was fun to bring the disk home and let the kids watch their new sibling kick around and wave at them. I was going to add a picture of my pregnant self today but nah… don’t feel like it. How about I tell the gender instead?

.

I’m nice like that. I figure it’s the least I can do. Isn’t finding out you’re pregnant and then waiting to see what it will look like surprise enough?

.

I say so! No one will convince me other wise. Ever. I give better gifts to people who tell. Not really but I should start doing that ;).

.

So, it’s a….

00stache

Mustache Onesie!!!! Yep, Jeremy’s pleading has been heard and he will get the brother we keep forgetting to order for him. I don’t want to jinx myself and say it too many times or bits might just fall off in the next 20 weeks.

Now to scrounge up baby boy ideas. I typed that so it doesn’t count towards the jinxing. I feel in the mood to light blue fire works now.

Have a happy and safe 4th weekend!

0blog signature[7]

14 comments:

  1. Yay! Boys are awesome! I wanted to know, too... people kept asking me, "Don't you want to be surprised?"

    I told them, "I *will* be surprised, just several months earlier!"

    And, when the day came, I didn't need any extra surprises in the delivery room!! : )

    CM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a relief to see a healthy baby kicking around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That's so exciting for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I am so jealous, I have to wait until September before I find out the gender :-(

    I love the mustache onsie, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!

    That made me laugh the part about jinxing yourself and "bits" falling off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww... I love reading this kind of posts!!!... Congratulations!!! :) God Bless the little 11 ounce Mr.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! On a healthy baby first of all, and of course, on getting a baby brother for your kids! Hopping all the boy parts will stay where they are supposed to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yea!! another future missionary! :) i know how you're looking foward to that. :)

    you probably already saw all of this at Dana's, but it's worth another look-see now!

    http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/celebrate-boy-archives.html

    Super congratulations. I love boys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. Congratulations! Yay yay yay!

    2. I definitely agree about pregnancy and the baby itself being surprise enough. After all, it's not like you get to choose the gender if you find out ahead of time with an ultrasound. And I also definitely agree about giving better presents to those who tell what gender it is. Ha.

    3. Since you are great and I feel like we're friends (and since we're not in the same family or anything, so who cares if you "steal" my favorite names?) I will share a few of my boy favorites with you:

    -Jack (my all time favorite right now)
    -Elliot
    -Oliver (I don't think I'll be using this one anyway since we already have an Olivia.)
    -uhh... okay I can't think of anymore at the moment

    4. And, to (hopefully/maybe/maybe not) make you laugh, here are a few of my NOT favorite boy names:

    -Herbert (This is what I would have been named if I was a boy. And when my sister was teasing me with it and calling me "Herb," my mom spoke up in my defense and said, "No, we would have called her Bert." Bleh. Double bleh. Thank goodness I'm a girl.)
    -Edwin Redslob
    -Hank
    ...and my personal least favorite...
    -Pewbert

    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, that's fab...huge congratulations to you and your family. I'm one of those sad types who refuses to find out :( sorry, don't hate me for it.
    We were blessed with a girl and then a boy, his bits obviously stayed intact so I'm sure you're little 11 ouncers will too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wee wee wigwams. Check out MakeItandLoveIt's easy instructions. Adorable! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! I never wanted to wait to find out for my kids and I don't want to wait for anyone else's either. The surprise is knowing you're having a baby right!?! I'm glad Jeremy's getting a brother. I can't wait to see him (and smell his cute, tiny head.)
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats on your BBB (Baby Boy Baxter). Can't wait to see your blue creations!

    ReplyDelete