Friday, October 30, 2009

Cupcake Apparitions

Jeremy signed me up to make cupcakes for his class this year and this is what we came up with.

00ghost2

I saw the idea for the ghosts on the internet using just gumdrops but that makes one tiny ghost even with the jumbo drops so in a stroke of genius (and a massive sugar high) I unwrapped a bunch of dum dums I bought for the trick or treaters and came up with this instead.

000ghost 00ghost

I’m so proud of myself. I used a #3 piping tip from Wilton to punch out the eyes in some marshmallow fondant cut with a cookie cutter the size of a wide mouth mason jar ring and draped it over. It doesn’t get any easier (or cuter) than that. Took me an hour to decorate 25 and that’s because I’m cake challenged, it probably doesn’t take anyone else half as long. Plenty of time left before Halloween to make at least 500 if you want to give it a whirl ;).

Costumes are done. DONE. I’ll show off some more tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. Adorable!! Why is it that we're our most creative when we have deadlines to looming in front of us? :)
    I've been sewing all kinds of projects like crazy, all because I'm putting off making an Alice in Wonderland dress for my daughter's part in the play!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are seriously the coolest mom ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are awesome cupcakes..... i bet your son loved them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so cute, I wish I would have seen this before Kennas bday party in the middle of oct. hehe. Your so good at cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from Russia!
    Can I quote a post "No teme" in your blog with the link to you?

    ReplyDelete