I really wanted to show off the costumes I made with fantastic pictures but in the whirl of the Halloween evening, having a little one that I thought was sick, and a big one that was even worse off than the baby I didn’t get any good ones. This is the only group shot I got. I had a costume for Kennedy but I felt guilty about putting it on her when she didn’t feel well so she skipped out this year.
I made Ashlyn’s from head to skirt and wish I would have gotten a better picture of it. I painted the skirt, made everything but the wings from scratch, and painted the wings.
That took me awhile so the moth idea for Mary went out the window the second I had some trouble with the first ruffle the day before Halloween. I know I should have started it sooner but I just wasn’t feeling moth-y. I couldn’t get excited about it. I secretly loath moths and am completely terrified of the things- thank you Silence of the Lambs. Kind of puts a damper on wanting to dress your 5 year old up like one.
I sat at my table with a giant pile of material trying to figure out what she could be last minute. I was running up the stairs to grab more tulle when I spotted the pink umbrella in the corner and it was all over- a jelly fish. Not completely original but I know I’ve never seen one here. It’s my favorite and only took 3 hours to put together from start to finish all using stuff I already had on hand.![]()
Jelly fish get a lot of extra candy by the way. There were about a dozen other butterflies but not a single jellyfish. Each of my kids wants to be one for next Halloween and I’m half tempted to let them. My chocolate supply is running low ;).
Have a great Monday!
I love the jelly fish!!!
ReplyDeletethere are some very beautiful moths.. dont let sotl deter you!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paphio/247991589/
http://www.glaucus.org.uk/Pyrausta-aurata093.jpg
my youngest tore apart his costume an hour before we were to go out. so, he went as a puppy. :)
So cute! I also love the jellyfish-very original. Hope your kids feel better.
ReplyDeleteYour kids are adorable! And I especially love the jellyfish. I don't blame you for not getting excited about a moth costume. I might be more likely to run faster from (or at least get more irritated by/ paranoid about) a moth than a spider. Bleh. I hate moths.
ReplyDeleteGreat costumes!
ReplyDeleteAll of your kids look adorable, but I especially love your little jellyfish! You may not think it's origianl, but I've never seen one before!!:-)
ReplyDeleteGreat job Mama!
Wow! You are so creative! The butterfly and jelly fish are amazing!
ReplyDeleteThis is so amazing - I love both of them and can't even begin to tell you how awesome you are!
ReplyDelete♥ Very cute! You did such a great job!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great jellyfish costume, very original!
ReplyDeleteThose costumes are awesome!! Great job! Love the butterfly-so realistic-and the jellyfish.
ReplyDeletethe jelly fish was what I spotted first in the group picture, its beautiful. Your the best mom
ReplyDeleteSo cute and original! Love the jellyfish and the butterfly is the best little monarch I've ever seen! Great job!
ReplyDeleteCan I tell you I'm glad we're not neighbors? I'm glad we're not neighbors. I would shoot myself if my kids had to trick or treat AFTER your kids. ;)
ReplyDeleteI do a wicked white sheet with 2 holes for eyes.