Monday, July 20, 2009

Another peek…

 

I have a ton of things I’m supposed to do today so naturally I’m taking pictures of paint chips instead.  You have to do what you have to do.

A handful of people I know expressed interest in my paint colors and even though they don’t comment I know they read so this one is for you my silent friends and family ;).

I don’t like warm colors, I think they look great in other homes but they make me feel depressed to live in it.  Taupe and mossy greens just about kill me.  I don’t get it either but I like stark white with maybe a nice bold accent wall.  So I really have nothing to show you because we changed this…

 00002house

Pre-moving picture compliments of one Cody Baxter. The floors are clean now but I still wouldn’t lick them ;)

To this- Atrium white.  The picture is a little dark so the colors aren’t as grey as they appear, I haven’t found my “happy place” for good lighting yet.  The white makes me happy.

0001Paint

To shake it up a bit I went against my hospital white nature and painted the kitchen and dining room (the room on the far right with the window in the picture) Amaryllis Yellow.  I wanted Pottery Barn’s Soleil but the only place we have to mix paint here couldn’t do it so I chose the other.  I love it.  It’s buttery and until the sun hits it just right it doesn’t look yellow at all.  So I really “unpainted”.  There’s nothing wrong with the blue it was before at all, it’s just not me and since we needed to paint some walls Cody sheet rocked we just painted it all.

We haven’t tackled any other rooms but the girls room upstairs and it’s pink.  We’re going to break it up with that stuff, I can’t think of the name for it right now, that’s wood and goes half way up the wall- white- with chair rail so only the top half will be pink.  A little piece of Cody’s house building soul just died because I can’t remember the name.

That’s enough house talk , back to crafting and ignoring my calendar!  My bath mat is coming along very nicely and I’ll show that off next.  Have a great Monday.

11 comments:

  1. I think it's called wainescoting or beadboard for the girls' room. I really want to do that in my house but we have this really REALLY brassy wood everywhere that would be daunting to match the beadboard. Happy Painting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cracks me up because my MIL and I argue over paint all the time. I like colour, she likes white. Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥ I love my yello dining room and kitchen it just looks like a happy place! Great colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your colors - I've been enjoying reading your blog thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always loved houses with those huge arched doorways! Your floors are very pretty also!

    I saw on a decorating show one time that the colors you like INSIDE your house depend on nature OUTSIDE. If there is a lot of color outside, neutrals inside are more soothing and vice versa... For me, things are pretty dull outside so I've got all KINDS of color going on in my house! :)

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so cute. I can't wait to see it all done. The colors are fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know of another house that will be more loved and bautified and look like it could be in a magazine-than this one! Can't wait to see what else you do. I love the blues. They say that blue is calming, I don't have any in my house, maybe that is my problem!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ps-come see what I did to my crap-craft room. I know that you will appreciate a good overhaul. Ps-thanks for the cell phone tip. I am going to go and do that right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The walls in our new house looks like the color you have picked out for the kitchen & dining room. Everyone seems to love the color when they see it, because it isn't quite yellow and isn't quite cream (we have a ton of natural light too). It give a very fresh and airy feeling. So I think we got lucky on good paint colors. I'm not in the mood to paint walls with high ceilings after all the moving crap!

    ReplyDelete