Thursday, February 21, 2008

My poor son.

I think I may have driven Jim back into hiding. He's an elusive guy and doesn't like his picture taken, I had to sneak up on him while he was playing in the backyard to get this one. I think he wears that hat as some sort of scrapbooking deterrent. Yesterday I managed to get him to sit still for a few seconds and get some good pictures of him when I actually had some natural light in my house which is a real miracle lately. I plan on scrapbooking them and the little stinker gave me about 15 pictures of the exact same face, even when I teased and prodded I got the same face. That's my boy.
Today I had to take him to the dentist for his first fillings. I hated having to tell him about the shots and stuff so the ride over was a little rough. He did very well and only one more appointment to get the bottom filled and he's done but I hated being the bad guy, isn't that the dad's job? Next I had to drag him to the store to get butter and diapers, not very fun. Then he had to go with me to my Dr. appointment and sit for 30 minutes. When I go to town I have to pack as much as I can in one trip to make the most of it so there was no turning back once he buckled in the car. Yeah, I think it'll be a long time before he volunteers to go with me to town again. I feel bad.
At my appointment he found out what a diseased uterus looks like. It didn't even don on me that there would be plastic "female parts" laying around the room, I feel so dumb and won't take another one of my sons to the ob that's for sure. He did get to hear the heartbeat and thought that was cool. Our little bean is beating about 162 beats per minute and I've gained 5 lbs. since my last appointment. I really need to stop baking cookies!

I did manage to get another layout finished Wednesday. I'm still 3 behind to keep up with my goal but if I keep doing 2 a week I should be caught up in no time. Kaci's picture doesn't have that much contrast and isn't that dark in real life, she's much cuter. I'm so proud that I have 5 completely done- journaled and all!

3 comments:

  1. I still love Jim's hat! It's a classic. :) Cute layout too. Your on a scrappy roll.

    :)Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridget~
    I think it is great that your son was with you to hear the babies heartbeat! That is so special!

    When we lived in Chicago, we were far enough away from everything that I would do the Powertrips, try and fit everything in on one trip...it's exhausting. We live much closer to everything now and it's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥ Cute layout! I love the S and the red ric-rac & heart! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete