We usually don't have microwave popcorn in the house, mostly because I hate that it stinks up the joint for hours after it's popped and it gives me that greasy film on the roof of my mouth, but lets face it- sometimes it's just nicer to throw a bag in and have perfectly popped popcorn in 3 min. or less without the mess of popping your own.
We had some laying around the house from a movie gift basket Cody got for christmas and I had a big craving for something really salty so I popped a bag and shared it with him. I ate one little bowl full already and was munching on my second when Cody starts eating the rest right out of the bag. After almost eating the entire thing he pulls out a short hair. Let me preface this by saying I'm usually not that squeemish to hairs in food, I'd rather not have them in there but I'm not going to make myself throw up what I already ate because it had a hair in it- oh well.
This time I knew exactly where the hair came from. You see, I had a pet rat growing up. Her name was Tilly and I loved her for over 4 years until I had to give her away and she had the same hair. Wild rabid factory rat hair in my popcorn-I really did want to spew. I didn't but oh my- I will never be able to eat the bagged microwave popcorn again.
While blog surfing on Angry Chicken today I found this link for homemade microwave popcorn which excites me because I know what's in it. Has to be healthier than what I ate last time.
That story still makes my stomach lurch! So nasty! let us know how your popcorn turns out!
ReplyDelete:)Rachel
Oh my heck! I dont like microwave popcorn either. I dont usually care for hair but I can move on. But rat hair. SICK. Thanks for sharing. This is a bad week for me and vomit. I might just have to after this story. hehe GROSS GROSS GROSS!
ReplyDelete♥ Seriously I'd be ready to heave it too! I'm all about the microwave popcorn and doing yourself! I'm definatley trying out this recipe!!!
ReplyDeleteEw! Yuck.
ReplyDeleteWe always do a Friday night movie night with popcorn...I might have to look twice now!