Friday, December 21, 2007

Not a creature was stirring

... Not even these mice. Okay, that's my only corny line I promise ;o). Ashlyn and I made 75 mouse cookies for her school Christmas party yesterday. They were a hit! Needless to say making that many has cured my baking itch though. Normally they are supposed to be peanut butter cookies with peanut ears (they are pudgy that way) but 2 boys in Ashlyn's class are allergic so we re-vamped a sugar cookie recipe with a little extra sugar and a little more flour and they turned out a little flat but still cute I think.



I've been a little stressed out lately (translate into CRAZY) and preparing my lesson this week has been very difficult for me so when I took a break from my lesson I came back to find this little love note from Cody. Cute huh!





Speaking of Cody, I love him and his amazing taste for fair isle sweaters. He got me this sweater for Christmas yesterday and let me open it early so I could wear it to his family's Danish Christmas dinner tonight. He didn't know he got it for me (o.k. so I bought myself my own gift and I LoVe it!) but he would have if he would have been there. I took it straight off the mannequin- it was the last one and just happened to be my size, plus it was on sale and I had an additional $$ off coupon. It was meant to be.




Tomorrow is Cody's birthday and we have a full schedule until after Christmas so just in case I don't blog until then - HAPPY HOLIDAYS and MERRY CHRISTMAS!



I have a feeling that when I finish sewing a few gifts I'll have to share them before Christmas though :o).

2 comments:

  1. Your cookies look just like little rodents! Congrats! And your sweater looks like you, cute! Way to go Cody inserting Bridget here..... on buying your wife what she wants. :) Have a great day at the Temple.

    :)R

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mice are too funny. I'm sure the kids loved them. Emma would have thought they were awesome too. The sweater is cute and good for you for taking it off the mannequin... I love your picture framing! :)

    ReplyDelete