Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Meet Alex, Gloria, and Melman


Our new hamsters. The kids chose the colors and the names and they just love them to pieces. They're the best kind of pets- no odor (although Jeremy's hamster has already been through the ringer and he looks like it), no food and cages, no scratching sounds in the middle of the night, no escaping, and if they die I can just re-stuff 'em. They were fun to make and look kind of like the cute pattern. I'm not the best face arranger and I had some trouble with the arms, legs, and ears but that's just because I chose fur and chenille instead of felt and the instructions are in Japanese.

I'm making 3 more with little tote carry bags for Leia, Josh, and Brittany. When I make theirs I will enlarge the arm, feet, and ears to make up for the bulk of the fabric and choose a less stretchy face and tummy fabric but otherwise these sew up really quickly and are pretty easy to put together. I got the pattern from Craftster and printed it on 8 1/2 x 11" paper to get a 4" hamster.

Cody is going hunting again this weekend and will be gone Thursday night and coming home Saturday sometime so I'm hoping to use that time to sew Ashlyn's owl shirt and matching jeans. I've lost my scrapbooking drive and I have no desire to scrapbook what so ever so I have no idea when I will post something scrappy. Any good ideas on how to get back into the scrapbooking swing?

5 comments:

  1. Oh they turned out cute! I like the chenille one best but who doesn't love chenille! I'm sure the kids are loving them to death. Your such a good mom..
    As for scraping mojo? Yes, hello my name is Rachel have we met?

    :)Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute hamster! I was very curious as too what the heck they looked like and I have to say they are very cute. I'd make some if it didn't look like so much work! :) And I definately think yours is much cuter than the web site that you got the idea from! You face is cuter also! As for scrapbooking I agree what's that I have 2 friends that never want to do it! Maybe that's the trick, you have to just do it! :) SOOOOO lets go girls. I hear a scrapbook getaway is in need, IN A BIG WAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're so cute!! I'm making one myself :D Must have been faith that I found this post through a random google-search, I'm a HUGE hamster-fan ;)
    Lets hope I can make them look as great as you did!

    /Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  4. those hamsters are eeeekkkkk!!! type cute. I am a chenille addict of the first order and that little chenille guy is calling to me. So what if it means another new project. Thanks for the link and inspiration !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! You are so crafty!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete