
Today's Ashlyn's official first day of school. I can't believe I'm old enough to have 1/2 my kids in school already. Maybe I'm not old enough but they are. We spent all morning getting ready- finding leggings, rings, hair clippies, baths all around, and re-packing the backpack one last time. Ashlyn picked the cheapest plain black backpack and I couldn't handle it so yesterday while we were at the store she found some kitty fabric that she liked and I revamped her bag a little. Once again I decided to do it very last minute so I finally finished sewing it at 10:30 this morning. I need someone to follow me around when I get these crazy ideas and the smack me really hard when I say "well, I don't know. Maybe we should put it back, but maybe I can fix this part and then...". That's how all my midnight sewing starts.

Anyway, back to school. Cody came home for lunch just as we were headed down the street so he walked with us which meant a lot to Ashy. That's why there's the shot of me from behind. It's just nice to be in a picture for once instead of being behind the camera and the girls look so cute holding hands with their backpacks. Anyway, we got to the school and I had the hardest time letting her go. I wasn't emotional or anything I just felt like I was just dropping her off like a newborn girraffe. I stood there for a while as she put her supplies away and then I took her picture and waited for her to write her name on her folder. Her teacher kept making small talk with me and then looked at me like "this is the part where you leave and I do my job". I miss my little Ashy. When I went back outside I found Cody and Mary waiting for me playing "hopstotch". Mary is already acting older and it's only been 2 hrs. I think she's going to love being little miss boss while Ashlyn is gone.


I promise this is the end of the back to school posts. On to craftier things- like stuffed hamsters and owl shirts.
Oh her backpack looks so cute! Now she's custom! Now onto school every day yeah!
ReplyDelete:) Rachel
Very cute backpack! I'm so chicken when it come to altering stuff. I'm afraid I'm going to ruin it for ever!!!
ReplyDelete