
The owl on Ashlyn's new shirt, not the lame name of my post today! The only good thing about being a hunting widow from September until February is that I tend to get a lot done while Cody's gone. It's lonely and not very fun to be a single mom almost every weekend but I can stay up and sew or maybe scrapbook (maybe as in I might actually touch paper tonight!) and watch chick flicks to my hearts content. Last night was no exception and I managed to start and finish Ashlyn's owl shirt.

I'm pretty proud of myself because I didn't know how to do a single hand stitch besides a french knot. All the neat stitching I saw on Kerrin Quall's blog yesterday really made me want to learn. I spent some time googling stitches and I was on my way. It's not perfect but I really wanted it to look shabby anyway so it was a good project to start with.
The shirt I bought on clearance and the owl was inspired by a baby gap tank, although I wanted to put an owl on this shirt in June before I even saw the tank top- I'm glad I waited because I thought he (or she I guess) was really cute. I think it's was the perfect project to transition my brain into fall projects. Now for burp clothes, a gymbo inspired shirt, a scribbled on fall dress, and some back to school scrapbook pages.
*Edited to add- Cody informed me the owl looked funny with one wing so he now has two, just to set your minds at ease for all of you who were worried about it ;o) *
Bridget that turned out soooooo CUTE! Love it. Looks really cute on Ashey as well. I think I like her in green! Your "sew" crafty! Yes I know, I'm such a dork.
ReplyDelete:) Rachel
oh my gosh!!! THat is ADORABLE! You did so good!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is adorable! I am so impressed.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog. I am a little behind in visiting my visitors =)
Thanks for sharing your sewing projects, so cute.