Monday, September 10, 2007

Just the average weekend


This weekend I spent most of my time cleaning, sewing, organizing, baking, and extinguishing. Yes that's right- extinguishing. On Saturday I had a baking frenzy going on in my kitchen and I made 4 loaves of bread in two batches, a loaf of zucchini bread and 2 batches of zucchini muffins, blueberry muffins, and a few other things. I was on a roll and after sampling them all I am a roll, and I had dishes all over the place. I didn't have a clean baking item left in my kitchen and when I finished it was getting late so I lazily just let the dishes go. I always take Sundays off from all things domestic so this morning I woke up to quite the dish mountain. I loaded the dishwasher and things were going great until the "heat dry". I was happily blog surfing away when I smelled something burning. I peeked around the corner to see billowing smoke coming from my dishwasher. Here's the culprit- Exhibit A


This spoon got wedged somehow under the racks and on the heating element. My house really stinks like burnt plastic and electrical fire. At least we're all o.k. and I was home so I could put it out. I envisioned myself like the pied piper of baked things and while I was going to walk Ashlyn to school I was going to spread some muffin love over the neighborhood later today. Now they smell like junk yard tires on fire so I guess I'll have to spread the joy another time. Jeremy will be so sad he missed it- what is it with little boys and fire? Life is never boring at my house!

3 comments:

  1. I can sympathize. Except mine wasn't on fire, just melted and it was a sippy cup lid. And if it isn't bad to do once I've done it twice... Smelt terrible... And the sippy cup lid is beyond useless now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such an awful smell......I microwaved a knitting needle to get my smell...silly girl that i am.
    Glad it wasn't too serious !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you caught it... Hopefully you get rid of the smell too. I have melted my fair share of things in the dishwahser/oven but details are not needed at this juncture.:)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete