Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Blog hopping beauty


I've been blog hopping all morning and found an amazing quilt tutorial from Hyena in Petticoats. I originally started searching for an art smock pattern to make Jeremy a decent looking paint shirt for school.

Not only did I find smock inspiration I also found several great blogs that I haven't seen before and this cathedral quilt. This quilt is amazing and she makes it look so easy to do that I might actual make another quilt even though I've shunned quilt making. Now I know what I'm going to do with the new fabric I won yesterday- make a cathedral quilt for my bedroom.

Now my sewing to do list looks impossible so I'm going to write my projects here so I can get motivated to finish, because once you promise the masses project pictures you have to deliver!


  • 7 stuffed hamster toys with matching carry totes

  • Appliqued owl tunic and decoupaged jeans for Ashy

  • Applique Ashy's blah backpack so it makes me happy

  • A shark art smock for Jeremy

  • Fall dresses for Ashlyn and Mary

  • Mini important phone numbers book for Jeremy's backpack (scrapbooky)

  • Queen size cathedral quilt

  • New pillows and curtains for my living room

That's pretty much sums up my list for this month- I better get busy!


2 comments:

  1. Holy Sewing! I could never do all that in a month maybe in a lifetime + 3 more... I so suck at sewing.. But hey you already know that.

    :) Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you say--I need your sewing mojo. I'm all sewn out since the big wedding and all the dresses I made. But I'm starting to get the bug and I'm not sure what I want to do... I'll be interested to see your hamster toys!!!

    ReplyDelete