Tuesday, July 24, 2007

So close!

All my hobbies are sitting here just giving me the look. I pass by my craft table at least 5 times a day and just have to stare at it for a second and then flit off to do something important. I'm sure that's why my supplies have given me the cold shoulder, they are so mad they're not speaking to me :p. Ashlyn's p.j. shirts are still waiting for bottoms. I haven't had time all summer to do anything fun (well not finish anything fun anyway).
I'm going to fix that very soon though. I'm whisking my supplies off to a fun filled vacation at beautiful Wallowa Lake in 3 weeks. Grandma moved there a few months ago and has wanted all of us (girls) to do something fun together this summer. Now that summer is fading so fast and time is flying by mom and I decided on a sewing/sculpting/what-ever weekend at Grandma G.'s house without the kids. I'll probably be the only one not doing anything sculpting related but I do have a bunch of awesome fabric to make Ashlyn some back to school clothes. I miss my scrapbook getaways so I really wanted something like that only sewing so no kids-yeahhhh! (Don't worry my paper wielding buddies, I still want to have a scrapbook getaway before the bambina makes her grand appearance.)
I really want to try my hand at knitting as well. I know it sounds old and I feel like I should wad my hair in a bun, buy some bifocals, and sport some orthopedic shoes but I keep finding awesome free patterns for knitting that I really want. Anyone know how to knit and is willing to teach me by the 14th of August???

4 comments:

  1. Knitting is fun. I know how to do most of the stitches. Have a knitting night instead of scrapbook night? Do you think Rachel would really shun us then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shun away, I have the wobbly arms for it and I want to knit!

    ReplyDelete