Thursday, July 5, 2007

Hot and happy family



We had a great fourth yesterday, once we left our house. It was slow going at first but we packed everything up and spent a day at Boulder Park about an hour and a half away. We had a hamburger barbecue with frog eye salad and chips and other various junk foods and then we lit a raging fire and roasted marshmallows and had smores. It was still around 90* up in the mountains so by the time we sat around the fire I think we roasted more than the marshmallows did but it was still fun.


To cool off we took our shoes off and played in the creek. The water was super cold so it helped cool us off really quickly. We stayed up there for most of the day and then headed for home and did a very small fireworks show in our driveway that consisted mostly of sparklers and snakes. Kaci was clapping after every one and the girls thought the sparklers were fun once I convinced them that they would look like the fairy from Cinderella. Ashlyn waved hers around saying "bippity, boppity, boo". We don't have police in town anymore so it was also really fun for the kids to watch all the illegal fireworks that people were lighting right off main street. Another perk to living in the middle of town I guess. Jeremy thought it was really cool and I'm sure he has all kinds off ideas now!

Although the day really wasn't my cup of tea because I usually like to be where all the action is and I hate the woods, it was a great time and we'll do my big "bang" show next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment