Thursday, June 3, 2010

An Ashy sort of post

00puppy

My kids are getting huge. They’re getting older which reminds me that so am I. This week it was Ashlyn’s turn to make her mother feel ancient. I love her so much I want to make a commune for all my kids to stay with me forever. Think their wife and husbands will go for that?

All of my kids have completely different personalities and here are a few that make Ashy Ashy-

1. She’s a people pleaser in a good way. She stays out of trouble 99% of the time. I’m counting on her to stay that way until she’s 60. If I ask her to do something it gets done, eventually.

2. She wants to be a dancer and a teacher when she grows up.

3. She loves Italian food. Lasagna is her favorite.

4. She’s a girly girl but not girly, makes sense huh. She loves jewelry, paper dolls, flowers and butterflies, and the color pink but she never plays with them or wears them. She always asks for that kind of stuff but she just wants to have it, not use it.

5. She agrees with her dad about everything. Traitor.

6. She’s my name sake sort of. One of her many middle names is my middle name to. She’s the only child we have with 2 middle names, and the last if I have any say ;).

7. She can’t sleep in the car. When I’m driving home from a trip late at night and I think all the kids are asleep I’ll sing my heart out and hear her giggling in the back. She stays perfectly quiet for hours in the dark until I sing making me think she’s out. She never sings with me either. I have a great voice by the way, giggle worthy.

8. She’s completely timid and a little shy as pictured below.

00ashy

I have no idea where this came from but I can bet Cody had something to do with it. There’s about 3 more like it so your guess is as good as mine. She’d be so embarrassed if she knew it was on here. Good thing she doesn’t read my blog… he he.

I’ll be taking real pictures of her and her dress today or tomorrow if this stinking weather will cooperate. I can’t have a scrapbook filled with that up there. Yikes.

And by the way, my mom’s Olde English Bulldogge Sandy (renamed Bella now that she doesn’t live with the breeders anymore) had puppies and that’s where we got our little guy. His name is Perry and I love him. LOVE him. I’m not a dog person at all but he’s snatched my heart in the “I finally found a dog I can stand and really actually like” kind of way. I’m a little sad I bonded with the male and not the female and I’m going to have to make manly stuff now, but he’s a dog so I can make him sleep on floral if I want to. She still has one left so if you live near Boise ID and are interested drop me an email. I would have snatched them both up if I didn’t already feel like I have 6 puppies at home ;).

Have a fantastic Thursday!

0blog signature[7]

2 comments:

  1. So cute. I need to do posts like this for my kids. Obviously you are familiar with the dog you are getting. My husband wants one as soon as the neighbor's dog has puppies. We aren't in a situation that lets us have a dog right now; and I am not much of a dog person, but that dog is seriously cute. All I ever hear is bad things about Bulldogs, but I bet it is all about how you raise them, and he looks like he will have plenty of love and happy vibes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that top picture with your daughter and the puppy. So cute.

    And I love your little time capsule here of the things she loves right now. That will be so fun to remember someday. :)

    ReplyDelete