*I’ve been having serious blog issues with my posts so if you’re looking for the Apron Top tutorial I posted Tuesday it ended up on Wednesday and in the archive for February (??) and the link is here. Still scratching my head on that one* Anyhoo, on with melting things-
I bought an eggplant colored dress when we went to Seattle and I loved it when I tried it on in the store but when we got home… not so much. I hate it when that happens! For some reason it shrunk in my suitcase or I grew a couple inches because it was about 3” too short at home and the color wasn’t as eggplant as it was “Barney” in my lighting. I love the ruffled top and the fit. It is super comfy and stretchy. I can’t return it. So I did what anyone else in my position would do.
![]()
I added two rows of ruffled black jersey to the bottom and melted the heck out of some Silkessence fabric to make these-
![]()
I’m running out of options for my church attire so I threw it together one Saturday night out of desperation and wore it the next day. I’m not completely loving the ruffles on the bottom but I do like the flowers and they were a ton of fun to make. I would post a tutorial on them but seriously- you just cut wonky circles and melt them over a tea light. That’s it.
For some gorgeous melted roses you should check out DuhBe . Hers are a completely different look that I can’t wait to try, seriously awesome.
Have a fantastic weekend!
I think I have this same dress...from Kohl's?? I like it...I wear mine with some leggings! I like what you did to it...cute!
ReplyDeleteI love what you did to it! Great job Bridget, my closet needs help!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Those flowers are gorgeous and I love the purple. Great job!
ReplyDeleteI was worried for a minute. I read your title thinking you were being sarcastic and images of a craft room fire popped in my head. How horrible would that be! I am glad it was the complete opposite. I love what you did with your dress. It is very cute!
ReplyDeleteI love the dress-awesome-I would never have thought of that!!
ReplyDeleteAlso, the apron top tutorial post was right under your dress post for me-I think that's where it's suppose to be :)
I came over from Lore at Katies Rose Cottage for the flower tutorial you gave in november 2009, sugar. I've been making those for a while and it's amazing how much the fabric can make a difference in how they turn out. Don't ya just love them. The dress is cute and I understand about church attire. I'm embellishing some dresses next week as I'm tired of the same old dresses also.
ReplyDeleteNice to meet ya, chick, and your blog is darling, sugar.
xoxo,
Connie
Aaaaack, just saw where you're in eastern Oregon. We're near Boise so we might be neighbors. ;-)
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Connie