I’m taking a sewing break tonight. My eyeballs are getting fuzzy and I’m seeing spots, not sure if it’s the polka dot fabric or something more permanent. I thought I’d tell you about the fun movie we took our kids to last weekend in case you need a break to.
How To Train Your Dragon was such a good movie. It’s not easy finding a movie 6 people from 3 to 30 will watch but this one is one of those that’s fun for everyone. It’s a keeper and I can’t wait for it to come out on video. I loved it! I don’t say that about very many movies at all. I’m not one for language, innuendos, or crude humor in kids movies so I get disappointed a lot. I loved how clean it was, for the most part. Of course I recommend checking out the Internet Movie Database and checking out the Parents guide before you take your kids to any movie. And no, I don’t get paid to write recommendations- I just loved the movie.
Tonight Cody is taking me on a movie date, which I’m a little scared about since I don’t think there are any chick flicks out right now so I might be ducking in to watch it again. Heaven forbid he takes me to watch a sports themed movie. I’ll be seeing more than spots, it might kill me. Which brings up a good question, is the “Blind Side” really a good movie? My mom swears I’ll like it but I think I won’t. It’s football- yuck. Anyone else hate sports movies and loved it anyway? I’m trying to decide if I want to waste 2 hours and $1 to see it or not ;).
Have a great weekend!
The Blind Side is amazing!!!! I HIGHLY recommend it!
ReplyDeleteAlso, have you seen 'Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs'? Another great movie, with kids or without!
the Blind Side is a great movie.. I don't get football, but I really enjoyed it!
ReplyDeleteThe Blind Side is a MUST see! It isn't just about football, it tells an AMAZING story, well worth the dollar!
ReplyDeleteI gave you the Sunshine Award on my blog today - thanks so much for inspiring me!
ReplyDeleteI LOVED the Blind Side and I couldn't tell you anything about football!! The movie doesn't focus on it as much as the story line which is so good! Like the above comment, it is well worth the $1. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, the Blind Side has a fantastic message of love and acceptance. We loved How to Train Your Dragon also! I even teared up a couple of times! lol
ReplyDeleteI love Blind Side. There wasn't too much football and it was a great story.
ReplyDeleteThe Blind Side is definitely worth a dollar and a couple hours! I just watched it for the first time last night and cried like a baby!!!
ReplyDeleteI loved the Blide Side too. Go see it. Ben was disappointed that it wasn't more about football. Really goooood!
ReplyDeleteI took Master 6 to see this movie yesterday, I had been racking my brain thinking of who "toothless" reminded me of ... Stitch from Lilo and Stitch, that big toothy grin! lol We thoroughly enjoyed the movie, glad that I didn't bring Miss 4 and Master 2, I think they would have sat up bright eyed all night looking for dragons! lol
ReplyDeleteBlindside is a GREAT movie. It has football in it, but that is not what the movie is about!!!
ReplyDeleteThe blindside isn't really about football (this is coming from someone who hates sports) and is a really heartwarming movie. I think you'll really like it.
ReplyDeleteLoving your blog!
You MUST see the Blind Side. Really football is just the background subject. It is a great movie even for the whole family, although I don't think kids would find it that interesting. It is a "feel good" kind of movie & I would recommend it to ANYONE!
ReplyDeleteThe Blind Side is SO good. The kids story is just amazing. Better to see it for a $1 than pay $4 on video on demand. Either way worth it. Heck I will send you a $1 if you dislike it, but my guess is that you will like it.
ReplyDeleteOh CraP! I gave you the Sunshine award on my blog, too (just happened to notice I'm not the only one). I just think you're fabulous. Thanks for sharing your talent!
ReplyDeleteThe Blindside is the best movie! morals and just goodness everywhere. the storyline is so good it's hard to believe it's a true story. Not really that much football in it, in fact I went and saw it with a girlfriend and not my hubby!
ReplyDeleteAnd I am soooo glad I'm not married to a sports guy cuz I hate that stuff.
I loved "Blindside"! I just Sean Astin talking about another sports themed movie- something to the effect- if a "sports movie" is really good it really isn't about the sport but something more (he was talking about "Forever Strong" which I haven't seen.)
ReplyDeleteAnyhow- I think that Blindside fits into that category!!