I had every intention on making 4 dresses and a tie this year. I had great plans for white heavy embroidered paisley eyelet fabric with kelly green sashes. They were going to be adorable, until I found the fabric I needed and it was more than double the moola I wanted to spend. I had a small heart attack when I added it up in my head… 9 yards x $$ = $$$… uhm no. Bridal eyelet, why oh why must you taunt me? I lovingly refolded the gold dipped fabric that must have been woven with unicorn hairs and put it back, not before gazing at it and touching it once or twice and sighing. It’s beautiful. It’s gorgeous. It’s stinking expensive.
So this is what we did instead. I found a great sale and bought Kennedy and Mary the cutest dresses in pink and brown an got skirts and t-shirts for Kaci and Ashlyn. All I had to do this year was embellish 2 shirts- done! Kaci’s skirt came with a diaper cover so I cut it up since she doesn’t need it and used it to make Ashlyn’s flower. Ash thought it was hilarious that she had a diaper cover flower on her shirt. I used ribbon and lace from my stash for Kaci’s shirt.
Not the gorgeous white paisley eyelet gowns with kelly green sashes I wanted but a whole heck of a lot cheaper and less stress. I eventually found a coupon for my dream fabric and did get a smidgen of it. I’m weak. Someday it will make a great cup cozy or hair scrunchy for my visit with the queen ;).
Have a happy Monday!
These are adorable! And I totally hear ya about fabric being super expensive. If only they could make the nice, pretty, classy fabric cost the same as the trashy fabric with cats doing weird things. If only.
ReplyDeleteI value your honesty, appreciate your stewardship and my heart's with you on the kelly green sashes. (This redhead's favorite color is green.) And frankly, I think the results of all of the above is absolutely adorable. The brown and pink... Spectacular! Won't you feel blessed this Easter? And it will be a fact.
ReplyDeleteHaha this post made me laugh. That happens to me ALL THE TIME. Why do we have such great, expensive taste? It really is a curse I think. :) Your "Second Choice" was still very cute. Happy Easter!
ReplyDelete