Monday, March 8, 2010

A little of this and a little of that.

I’m knee deep in mom stuff trying to get ready to leave this weekend and feeling a bit overwhelmed.  Really overwhelmed, so it was so nice to see that I got an award today from The Pine Cone Tea Cup .  Not just any award, the sunshine award!  I’m sure she awarded me for the yellow background and not my whining ;).  Thanks Heather!

00Sunshine_Award_x

It’s been a while (since the great computer crash of 2010) but I also got an award back in February from Rachel of Holy Craft. The Beautiful Blogger award!  Thanks so much Rachel and sorry I’m a loser and didn’t do this sooner.  Both of these bloggers are also awesome crafters so you need to go check them out.

00blog award[1]

One of the rules is to state 7 things about yourself. I love being random and I love talking about myself (totally kidding- kind of) so here goes-

1.  I don’t follow the “rules”, I make my own and stick with them.  Sewing, blogging, eating, fashion, monopoly- you name it and I have a different set of rules than what I’m sure is considered the norm.  I’ve always liked having things done my way, even if I’m the only one doing it that way, and tend to be called bossy.  I blame it on being the oldest.

2.  I like playing devils advocate even if I agree with what was originally said or done.  I just like looking at things from all points of view and enjoy an open conversation.  I don’t like hashing over things though and I hate real conflict. I know, you really can’t have both.

3.  I used to play M*A*S*H on a daily basis as a pre-teen.  Some of you won’t have any idea what I’m talking about but some of you will and I know you played it to, so don’t laugh.  I still have some of them from back in the day and I’m so happy that game did not really predict the future!

4.  I really can’t whistle. I have teeny tiny lips.  I don’t think that matters at all but to me that has to be the reason.

5.  I’ve become a coupon junky and can’t stop.  I love getting free stuff just by using coupons and pairing it with sales.  I think I embarrass Cody with it but I don’t even care.  I make him look at my receipts and savings because I’m so proud of myself.  I got 26 food items for free last week alone.  Nothing else to buy- just free.  It really is an adrenaline rush for me.

6.  I won’t swim.  I can, I just don’t like being in a warm pool of water with other people.  It’s like sharing a big bath tub with strangers- without soap mind you- yuck!  I’m also afraid someone will drown and I won’t know what to do.  Sprinklers are just as fun if you ask me.

7.  Here’s my original life plan from 17-  Go to college with my best friend and major in business.  Get married at exactly 24.  Live in California. Have my first child at 28.  Have only 2 children.  Birth those children under general anesthesia because only “dumb” people would volunteer to feel it.  Have a nice large chest thanks to those 2 kids I baked.

Here’s what really happened-  Graduated high school engaged.  Had my first baby at 18 5/6 ths years old.  Have not moved farther than 15 miles from my home town since being married and I’m pretty sure I’ve never been to California.  Had my 5th baby at 28.  Will eventually have more children.  Had a natural birth (not by choice).  Have absolutely the same little chest I had before, only not the same… sigh.  Love absolutely everything about how my life turned out and wouldn’t change a thing.  Except the general anesthesia part.

 

Thanks again Heather and Rachel!  Off to bed I go.  I have a long day ahead of mucking out bedrooms and taking Jeremy’s rotting finger in to get fixed- long story.  Have a great night!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for cracking me up so early in the morning Bridget...I'm pretty sure I still have the MASH games that turned out well sitting in a trunk somewhere...and my life plan resembles yours pretty closely:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making me laugh so early in the morning Bridget. I'm pretty sure I still have some MASH games sitting around somewhere...and my 'life plan' closely followed yours-the results too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaHAHA.....oh my gosh...absolutely the safety pin-2 so i can use 1 of them to pin down the end because i manage to pull the elastic right out a few times if i don't; and in case i can't find any one of the 327 safety pins i own...a large bobby pin, the kind that holds up my huge pile of hair in a bun (my sisters and i call our buns 'cow-pies')as long as i can find one that still has the plastic on the tips of it
    and i also have some shiny ginghers that don't often see the light of day!!!they're the last christmas gift my son got me before he died, on SALE for $100-plus bucks.. i keep them in the box they came in and only use them for special projects and NO-ONE is allowed to touch/look at/breathe on them. they'll cut 8 layers of fabric out for a quilt practically by themselves!
    that being said...i mostly use MY rotary mat and cutter, lol...i just found out that mr. clean magic eraser cleans them up nice and neat including getting paint off! the perfect thing for taking photos of sewing projects or anything because of the ruler on it.
    and i'm ashamed to admit i have no turner..but i need one...

    so funny!
    kudzu

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your writing style! And your life is great! I have to agree with you on the pool thing. I just do not care for swimming. If we were meant to swim, God would have given us scales & fins! I do not especially like sprinklers either - being in a wet bathing suit gives me the willies. I wasn't going to have babies until I was over 30. . . that changed. Wasn't going to get married until I was 30 - yup, changed. . . found Mr. Right at 21, married him at 23 & had our first baby at 25, 2nd at 27 & 3rd at 30. . . I had my 3rd without drugs - on purpose. Yup, I hear ya - crazy. But I wouldn't change a thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bridge,
    You forgot to add the fact that you have a hard time walking thru the clothing stores for fear that the rods that the clothes are on could poke you in the eye. Ha ha I love looking in on you and getting to get a little bit of that great sense of humor that you have.

    Aunt Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. MASH, man, I still did that right up until my hubster an we just hooked up five years ago...and I am turning 32...

    ReplyDelete