Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Something a little more girly

After Saturdays manly forest fun I haven’t been feeling very “frilly” and it didn’t help that my mom looked at my blog and said she couldn’t tell if the picture I posted was me or Cody. I realize it was a horrible picture and I was stuffed like a camo oven mitt with flaming orange trim but come on… still a girl over here.

To reclaim my femininity I decided to fix a dress I’ve been hanging on to for a few weeks now. I couldn’t wear it because it’s way too short but I thought it had potential so I picked it up. I thought it would be cute as a long tunic with jeans for those “not in the mood to wear a dress but still want to look girly” days so I didn’t want to add length to the dress itself. So I did this instead-

000slip

I found a long slip that was a little too big and I never wore, cut some length off of it and added a big ruffle. I ironed the ruffle flat so I wouldn’t look too little house on the prairie and viola`. I love it and I can wear the ruffle slip with other skirts and stuff.

000slip1

I love my 1974 photo action, makes my darker arms almost match my pasty legs… almost ;).

Have a great Tuesday!

5 comments:

  1. You are so clever! Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥ Cute! I was thinking about do a 20's flapper for Emma for halloween. Any good suggestions? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! The strangest thing is that I have that exact same plaid dress (at least I think it's the same) and I have yet to wear it because I feel that it needs a slip underneath. I never even thought about making my own! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. genius! i am totally going to do this!

    thanks for the idea. linked this post on my blog today. too good not to share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I congratulate, this brilliant idea is necessary just by the way

    ReplyDelete