I went hunting Saturday.
I had to get up at 4:30 in the morning. Such an un-holy hour, especially in the pitch black forest when it’s snowing and cold!
It didn’t take very long to realize hunting is nothing (nothing) like the wii game. Very misleading and I think I might have to write a strongly worded email to the folks at Nintendo. This was no duck hunt my friends…
It’s a lot of hiking, and woods, and snow, and cold, and dirt, and 20 extra pounds of long john’s (whoo baby, I looked hot!), and no make up. Not to mention I had to whisper for 4 hours. Did I mention there’s not a restroom in sight. The world is your porta potty…
Was I successful? It depends on how you look at it. I got a really cool picture of snowflakes on a spider web and I got to spend the middle of the night day with Cody in his element doing something he loves to do. That’s pretty much all I was hoping to do anyway. I call it a win. Until I get dragged out to try again anyway…
I see a very long weekend with sewing and fabric shopping in Cody’s future, the very near future. My thumbs are still frozen solid! The things I do for the most handsome husband in the whole wide world.
Thank you so much for all your comments about my sad ring story. I read each one more than once. You all made me feel so much better, I felt like such a loser. I can’t believe how depressing it was, but the good news is it’s found! I’m naked no more! It’s such a huge relief and I haven’t cried since Wednesday. I think Cody is happier than I am- we don’t have to buy stock in Kleenex now ;).
I LOVE that you went hunting! I can't wait to see how long I'll last in the deer stand this year. I don't know if I'd last 2 seconds with all that snow, though...WOW!! You are a trooper. I can't wait to show my hubs your post :)
ReplyDeleteI'm SO glad you found your ring....WHERE!?!?!?
I've been hunting also - quail - Mississippi - no snow - but LOTS and LOTS of walking! You are a good wife to speak of "next time".
ReplyDeleteSo happy you found your ring! Was it in the last place you looked for it? (such an old joke, I know)
:) Ann
I am so glad you have found your ring.
ReplyDeleteI love your pictures...wow snow, I love the snow but here in soutern england you hardly get any (right now it is raining) and if you do everything draws to a standstill...a tiny dusting of snow and the schools close.
Praise the Lord you found your ring!! you were in my thoughts just last night!
ReplyDeleteWhere did you find it?
oh hooray! i'm so glad you found your ring! i'm just waiting for the day when mine will actually fit nicely on my finger again (still recovering from pregnancy fatso fingers). congrats on finding it!
ReplyDeleteYou're a good wife to go hunting with your husband (I don't think I would have done it). I love your pictures and I am so happy you found your ring!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you found your ring!
ReplyDeleteAnd you are one awesome wife. I would NOT go hunting with Wes if he begged me and offered me tickets to my favorite broadway show. Seriously. How. Awful.
Dani
craftrookie.blogspot.com
Beautiful pictures! (Glad my husband doesn't like to hunt. I hate being out in the cold.) I am so glad you found your ring. Here's hoping someday I will find mine!
ReplyDeleteThank goodness you found your ring!!I said a few little prayers for ya so I'm glad to hear it worked :)
ReplyDeleteAmy Daniels
You are amazing! I won't let Scott read this for fear he'll think I'm going to go golfing with him sometime soon. . .don't get me wrong, I'd do that for him. . .and I don't despise golfing. . it's just that he would enjoy golfing with the guys much more than with me. . .and I can think of cheaper ways to enjoy time with him. . .so I'm just not going to let him read this. He doesn't make a habit of reading the blogs like I do anyway - did I mention that I tend to ramble quite a bit?
ReplyDeleteSO GLAD you found your ring. Not that it defines you. . .but it's such a relief. I'd always be wondering where it was. . okay, done rambling for now:)
Too funny! I've gone hunting once with my husband in our 10 year marriage. I am really okay with him going and me staying home with the kids! But, it was kind of fun to have some alone time with him. Last week he was bear hunting...needless to say that will never happen with me along!!! So glad you found your ring. What a relief!
ReplyDelete♥ I'm so glad you found it!!! So where was it? Crazy weather huh!!! It's insanely COLD here too!
ReplyDeletesnow? love the spiderweb
ReplyDelete