Wednesday, May 27, 2009

She's lucky I like kittens.

She's turning 7 on Monday. She wanted to bring treats to school today. She asked ever so nicely for Hello Kitty treats. She has the most amazing and awesome mom ever!




They only took me over 4 hours to make. I was up until after 1 a.m. covered in white chocolate with only 16 of these heads to show for it. 4 are cracked. 1 fell off it's stick in the chocolate. I ran out of hours to do whiskers and couldn't find the right supplies to do anything else. Thank you Bakerella- thanks a lot ;).

My aunt Tina bought me the most awesome cupcake book (Hello Cupcake) for my birthday and I couldn't wait to use it for Ashy's birthday but of course miss Ashy pants wants a butterfly *cake* for our family party. I don't do cake, especially the cutting of the layers. Where's my fairy godmother?! Only 3 more birthdays to go and I'm scott free for the rest of the year!


12 comments:

  1. They look cute! That's way craftier than I want to be. LOL :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog. I love it. I always try and do something fun with rice crispies and cookie cutters. My kids only lick the frosting off cake and it is so messy. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥ Those are so cute! I've got one more birthday and then I'm DONE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's lucky you like HER. :) The cakepops turned out cute... I know what you're thinking... AFTER 4 HOURS, THEY'D BETTER HAVE!

    Good Job, Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seriously are amazing. My kids are going to feel so deprived if they ever see your blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh they are cute!! I'm a slacker mom and don't spent much time on treats that take that long. Easy peasy for this chic!

    :)rachel

    Ps... Your such a show off, I wasn't sure I could fit this comment in with the size of your ever expanding head..
    You really are an awesome mom!!

    You know I love you more than I love my luggage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, I've done those cake pops and they are way harder than they seem! Kudo's to being such an ambitious and sweet mom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bridget - you are the most awesome mom! Wow, your kids are cute! They seriously have such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love making birthday cakes! Wish I lived closer--I'd make it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. p.s.
    your hello kitty's look A.MAZ.ING.

    I found this idea on my favourite cake idea website--Maybe it will inspire you :)

    http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50107

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cake pops! You've inspired me to make some for my son's 9th birthday party. No Hello Kitty, though - it will be Bakugan cake pops for him. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are so cute! I don't know if I would have had the patience to do it.

    ReplyDelete