Ashlyn's surgery went really well. She got a new teddy bear friend as a gift that went in with her and got his own war wounds in the operating room. If that's how they treat a perfectly healthy bear I'm glad he went and not me ;). It's the last surgery for her so whoo hoo! Hopefully she'll be up and dancing in no time.While Ashlyn was down for the count I couldn't really go anywhere and she didn't really need much other than movies and rest so I finished re-doing the highchair. I'm not sure how I feel about the finished look. It was so much cuter in my head but it is so much easier to clean so it's a keeper. Here's the before.... complete yuck!!

And here's the after....
I just used the old seat as a template and traced around it. I still have the old cover I can use as a backup.
Don't mind the cruddy pictures, we're all sick on top of everything else so I just snapped and loaded without posing and photoshopping. Sometimes it's just not worth the extra effort you know. I found the best fabric panels yesterday for $1.50 a panel! Cody was home until last night so I snuck out, and I have big plans for them- BIG! Okay so maybe not that big but I'm going to have some fun this week :).

It turned out so cute!! And congrats on the cute panels can't wait to see what you do with them!
ReplyDeleteI think it looks really good! Our old cover was gross and I threw it out and we just use the high chair without one. It is an old plastic one without a lot of crevices so it isn't too hard to clean. Maybe one day I will get around to making a cute cover like yours though!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I found your blog from searching for girl's dress patterns and finding your super cute apron dress. I haven't made it yet though . . .
Glad to hear that Ashlyn's surgery went well. That's a relief, I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteI had that same high chair. I had a beloved one that died before #6 was born and they stopped making the one I had. Then I got the one you have. (I did not like that high chair. Have any of your children ever gotten their arm stuck between the seat and the legs? Mine have. And I read online that it was a problem. After I had the problem.) Anyway, the cover is way cute.
♥ It looks great! I can't even count how many times the "in my head" picture differs from my final projects... So was it a pain? You said it was oil cloth right? I guess I should google oil cloth so i can see what it is... :)
ReplyDelete...and...I'm glad Ashlyn's sugery went well! She's so cute with her bear and tiny blood pressure cuff...
ReplyDelete