Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm not sure what happened to the picture Cody posted yesterday, you know this darn blogspot loses things sometimes ;).

I cut out a new cover for Kennedy's high chair this week and I'm so excited! Her high chair has an all cloth cover that gets filthy with every meal. Why don't they make covers that are actually cute and easy to clean? I was digging through my stash and found a bunch of oil cloth I bought about 4 years ago and it's perfect. Hopefully I can whip it up after the kids go to bed and I can share pictures later. I hate sewing with oilcloth so it should be an experience.

In family news Ashlyn is going under the knife first thing tomorrow morning. It's the same procedure she had to have done last year only on the other side this time. She was so brave last time until she realized what happened so I hope she can handle it. It's so hard to be a mom and voluntarily take your child in for surgery. If I had a magic wand I would just poof her all better. Unfortunately mom kisses aren't strong enough to battle hernias so keep us in your thoughts tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the cover! And I know Ashlyn's will go great just don't show her the band aid next time.

    :)Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this posting on oilcoth addict. good tip for sewing (easily!) on oilcloth, you should check it out!
    http://oilclothaddict.blogspot.com/2009/05/oca-sewing-tip-pressure-foot-tick.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥ I don't think I even know what oil cloth is?

    I can't even imagine trying to get a child to go through surgery after don't it once before... They're talking about anohter eye surgery for Olivia and she's going to FREAK out if they have too...

    I hope she does okay for you! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the cover I can't wait to see pics.
    My prayers are with Ashlyn, but I believe that sometimes mom kisses are exactly what they need.
    I hope everything works out & she is fine.

    ReplyDelete