There's so much that has to be done when you move and about 98% of it I hate. I'm not a fan of packing, cleaning two houses, transferring all the utilities, and all the yuck stuff that everyone who's ever moved has to do. We've always rented but this time I actually get to paint! With color!! And it will be my choice and not because one of my little artists has colored our walls for us. Here are the mish mash inspiration pictures of things I like that I've pulled up.
I'm leaning towards this for my living room-



I want to make a coffee table like this, so cute. Or maybe a sofa table with a skinny cabinet door... ooh I just thought of that!
This for the little girls bedroom-



I like the green dresser in the corner.
This for the bigger girls bedroom-




I think I love this wall color for any of the kids rooms, I just can't decide which one.
Any tips? I have to pick up paint this week and I'm a loss. I have no idea what I want and what I'll be able to live with. I'm going to do a buttery yellow for the upper half of the kitchen walls and for our bedroom but that's all I've decided so far. I might be able to sew but I can't decorate to save my life!
I offered up paint colors already and you have already changed your mind!
ReplyDeleteI say go neutral seeing as you don't know what you want yet...... You can always paint later when you find something that you know your going to love. I'm just saying.
our last house, I decided to expand out in color, when I was done it looked like a box of crayons! yuck! so I am no help, we now live with white walls! yuck!
ReplyDeleteI love all the stuff you have picked.
ReplyDeleteThe BEST buttery yellow I've ever found is Concord Ivory from Benjamin Moore... we had it in the kitchen in our last house and I loved it... it doesn't seem "yellow" on the paint swatch but it looks yellow on the walls.
The biggest tip I can give you is to watch the paint colors, an off tone will make it feel weird.. I love all the Pottery Barn colors, they seem to have a knack for picking them.
I like to use the Benjamin Moore website for their personal colour matcher. I pick the room that looks most like mine (trim colour, cabinet colour, etc) and then start trying on colours. You can actually upload your own photos to it too...
ReplyDeletetry it, you might like it too.
http://www.benjaminmoore.ca/bmpsweb/portals/bmps.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=portletInstance_2&portletInstance_2_actionOverride=%2Fbm%2Fcms%2FContentRenderer%2FrenderContent&portletInstance_2cnp=public_site%2Farticles%2Fmain_page_articles%2Ffh_home&portletInstance_2np=public_site%2Farticles%2Fapplication_article%2Fapp_personal_color_viewer&_pageLabel=fh_home
Whatever you do - do NOT... I repeat, DO NOT! buy Behr paint from Home Depot. We have had nightmare after nightmare with that paint - hate is an appropriate verb for that brand of paint. I always prefer to choose from the signature paints. I just bought "Vintage Blue" by Laura Ashley and LOVE IT! Great paint (only needed to do one coat!) and it was so pretty!
ReplyDelete♥ I love all of those rooms! The girls rooms with the white beds and those window valances love them! Can't wait to see your new house and everything you do to it!
ReplyDeleteThose are some great ideas. I love the green dresser as well.
ReplyDeleteYou have some great ideas there.
ReplyDeleteI love yellow for the kitchen. How fun it will be to cook.
I just wanted to tell you a little bit about what I have learned from painting. The best thing I ever did was paint my bedroom chocolate brown. Not all four walls-just three and one was a taupe. I loved it!!! LOVED IT!! It was so soothing and I loved to be in there. So did everyone else in my family. But it really was the best thing that I ever did.
Just a thought. Good luck!!!
Great ideas - all beautiful - good thing for me there are pictures to follow I don't always see the big picture by myself! - good luck with the pack & move!
ReplyDeleteWe had a new house and had to paint everything from scratch... I went and picked swatches and carried them around with me everywhere to 'get used to them'. Well, not everywhere - they just lived in my purse for a little while. Then if I found something I liked (a fabric, etc), I'd compare to the swatches. I had a few variations of each color. But what really helped was buying the little jars to test a space on the wall. That was really helpful cause then you could see it with the lighting, etc. That was alot of 'blab' - I hope it helped.
ReplyDelete