
Chelsea said...
I love the apples. Did you just wing it with a pattern or did you use something (besides a real apple) as a guide? Also, if you ever run out of vinyl-needing surfaces, I'd be happy to help you out! ;) My glass jars need labeling still...
February 19, 2009 7:35 PM
Thanks Chelsea (and a few others!). I didn't make my own pattern, I used this tutorial from Wool Food Mama. Her tutorial is called patchy produce and you can make a tomato or an orange to. I didn't "patch" mine, I like my fabric too much to cut it up. I followed her tutorial to a T and it worked great!
Linda B said...
How do you make fake chenille?
March 14, 2009 4:49 AM

Fake chenille or faux chenille, although I'm sure there's a technical term out there, is really easy to do and makes really cute baby blankets as well as accents on clothes. For the girls pajamas I just cut 3 strips (the under fabric counts as the 1st layer) of fabric about a 2" wide and pinned them to my pants.
I marked the strips in 1/2" increments and sewed down the fabric layers following my marks on the two outside edges. I cut the fabric apart at the very middle marking making sure not to cut through the 1st layer and viola`. Wash and dry in the dryer and then mumble to yourself as you cut the strings off for the gazillionth time. It turns out very cute. Here's a cute tutorial for a hot pad that explains making faux chenille in depth at the Moda Bake shop.
If you have a question about something I've done and you want an answer just comment and let me know. The bank doesn't close until 5:00 so I still have a ton of time to waste. Not really, I have an entire house to clean after I pay my bills, but throw your questions at me and I'll do a Q&A post, if anyone has anything they are dying to know that is ;o). Hit me!
Bridget! Thank you for answering my question. I've bookmarked that link and will be trying my hand at apples this weekend or shortly after. Actually, I'll be adding some bells and giving it as a baby rattle at an upcoming shower.
ReplyDeleteThanks, again,
Chelsea
♥ The apples are so cute. the fake chenille is it just regular fabric or does it have to be flannel or something else?
ReplyDeleteI want to know why you haven't ever eaten play doh? are you on a special diet?
ReplyDeleteI want to know your true feelings about Mamma Mia.
I want to know if you've finished Breaking Dawn yet? Are you team Edward or team Jacob?
i want to know if you've had any more 'spawn' like creatures in your vacinity.
Um, that should do for now. Good Night.
Your apples are great. I just love them!! Thank you too for the kind feedback on the tute.
ReplyDeleteYours,
Katie