Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Basking in dual parenting



If you're wondering where I've been the last 5 days I haven't been crafting or sewing or anything of blog worthiness... I've been enjoying being married and having Cody around. For the last 2 weeks Cody was out of town and I was manning the kids all by myself. 5 kids to 1 mom. It was an interesting 12 days.


Day one was rough. Day two was tougher. By day three I wanted to scream and cry and blog about it but since I was going to be home alone for another 9 days I didn't think it would be wise to say "I'm home alone for xx amount of days... come get me creepy stalkers and robbers". I tried cleaning, I tried crafting, I even tried to exercise but it's just not possible with a baby attached to your hip. Not to mention I was exhausted from staying up all hours of the night so I didn't feel so alone and freaked out. My house is extremely creepy when you're all alone. I picked him up on Friday and I've never been happier! I'm not a creature that was meant to be alone for long. Yep, he's stuck with me forever ;o).

I hope to be in the swing of fun things soon but for today, and probably tomorrow, I'll be sitting here staring at his gorgeous mug and swooning...


5 comments:

  1. glad he is home and you can get back to being you all crafty and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Now I feel bad for yelling at my DH about sending ALL of my eye drops to school (where they can't give them anyway without a doctor's order) and where my 6 year old LEFT them today. (OK, so I'm not over it yet as my eyes are extremely dry & I have lots of homework to do tonight). But I do feel kind of bad for making him feel less than worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥ I'm glad he's back! When Joe worked graveyard in OR it creeped me out big time too! I had to double check all the window's, locks, doors and kids and then still take the phone to bed at night with me. Even in the Summer when it was 90 plus I couldn't even leave the windows open... I feel for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad he's back! I hope all is well. I nominated you for a kreavtiv Blogger award. If you visit my site
    with25hours.blogspot.com you can get all the details!
    take care!
    ~shawna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you - I'm a work widow many a day, weeks myself - and now with 5 kids - it is busy!!! Hang in there - I'm with ya!

    ReplyDelete