
This is the middle step of a quilt kit called Vintage Baby from Quilt Taffy. I figured I don't have very good luck trying to quilt on my own so why not make one from a kit where the hard part is done for you. No choosing the right fabrics, no picking the perfect pattern, NO calculating... it's perfect as is! So far I love everything about it. The pattern is non-quilter friendly, which is very important to me, and it's coming together so fast which is another strong point. I can't wait to finish it so I can try to make more that are twin sized for the girls. Heck, I might even give it a go for my bed. This baby is addicting!
I'm sort of getting burnt out with sewing ( I don't know why ;o) ?) so after a few commitments I've already made I think I'm taking a short break for a while and I'm going to scrapbook a bit. I really wanted to do a 365 day album for Kennedy's baby book but the kit I found for it just wasn't meshing with my style and is sort of anti-baby so I'm going to try to wing it on my own. I promise not to splatter my blog with daily 365 stuff though. I'll just splatter a little scrappy every couple of weeks, sound good?
Have a great weekend!
You go girl!! It is kind of addicting. You will truly LOVE it once it's all washed up and shrinky!
ReplyDeleteI would welcome little snippets of Kennedy throughout the year. Everyday? bring it on!!
This is too funny - i was JUST looking at that pattern a few minutes ago, thinking... hMMM - do I have time to do this (or the willpower?) So you found this in KIT form? Where did you find it? I'd be much more likely to attempt to make a *gasp* BIG quilt if the hard part was already done!
ReplyDelete♥ That'll be such a cute quilt. I like the quilt kit idea! :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT!!! Wow! That looks amazing! I am too cheap to buy a kit. . .but boy, when you consider the time saved. . . the sanity saved!!! I try to reinvent the wheel WAY too often!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty. I like the idea of a kit, saves lots of headaches, doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteThis is the style I made my Ella's twin quilt in. I love it.... Yours is gorgeous. GORGEOUS.
ReplyDelete