Monday, December 29, 2008

My treats!

The biggest treat for me when we go out of town is the chance to get out of the house and find variety. When I leave home here I get my choice of one chain store (the super grocery/house needs kind) and three specialty stores that are the size of my living room. I don't leave my house very often because whatever those three stores have I've seen before or I know they'll still have it next month.
At my mom's it's an entirely different story with almost every store you can think of right out her back door, well not really but so close I could walk if I were fit. I wasn't able to do much damage with the time frame I had but I did my fair share. I don't want to give the impression that all I live for is shopping, cause I don't, but I do LOVE crafting and doing something fun everyday and it's hard to do it if you don't have supplies. Anyway...


The highlight of my trip was visiting the candy shop itself- Quilt Taffy! P.S.- They're having a great sale today only so scoot on over and have some Moda! Can I tell you how excited I was, I was really excited. They have the best fabrics to choose from and she always packages them so nicely and ships them so swiftly, but this time I got to go in person and touch everything. Corrie let me crash her Christmas and I can't thank her enough, my favorite stop for sure! If I could have stayed another day I would have met them both but I'll have to meet Des another time.



This is my favorite fabric combo and I think it's going to be a cute summer dress and booties for Kennedy.




My Aunt Tina knows how much I love cupcakes and I couldn't live a day without ice cream so she gave these to me. Well actually I haven't had ice cream in over a month but I'm sad about it ;o). I'm so excited to try them out. Don't they look like fun? The book has some super cute cake and cupcake ideas I've never seen before.

I'm off to bathe and de-stinkify my 5 criminals who are all sick so we can trudge to the grocery store for some food and spread our germs. What can I say, we're givers. I don't think they'll let me cook from a can for another day without going postal on me ;o). The weather has been a bit dicey so I haven't gone to get food in quite some time. It's slush today so we're off. Have a great Monday!

9 comments:

  1. I love shopping at REAL fabric stores. It doesn't happen very often for me either.

    Thanks for the heads up about the Moda sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I would have been there!! But I'm here now and boy are we having fun now. :) piano banging, radio blaring, toddler screaming, dinosaur bone eating, teenage sleeping, fabric cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabric! I'm jealous! We don't even have a big box store with fabric here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I want some treats! Happy shopping in the slush!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving that cupcake book, cant wait to see what you create with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♥ I love the fabric! The book and pan do look like fun! Sounds like a great shopping trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all that fabric! What a treat to see a real fabric store in person like that! Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm drooling. . . from the fabric. WOW!!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy Treats for sure! Good picks.

    ReplyDelete