Friday, October 17, 2008

I finally did it...

I'm freaking out here but I finally opened my Etsy shop tonight! I only have 3 pair of booties in there but it's open. I was waiting until I finished an entire page worth of stuff but I lost (yes, lost... I feel sick) an entire bag of mostly finished booties and have been working here and there to make more. At this rate if I continued to wait until I made a page worth of items you wouldn't see my shop.

It feels good to finally get it opened up. I really love making baby things but Kennedy can only wear so many before I get bored so I figure this is a good outlet for me. I plan on listing things here and there as I finish them. I don't want to become a sweat shop or get bogged down until it's not fun for me anymore so that's the plan so far. Once baby gets bigger and is on a better schedule I hope to crank it up a notch, as long as it stays fun. I plan on making each fabric/embellishment combination only once per size so it stays fresh for me and it makes each pair unique.

So if you get a second stop by and tell me how corny my descriptions are and if you have any tips, even not so favorable ones let me know. How can I make it better? If your comments aren't nice, post anonymously or I'll have to sick my rabbit Jack on you. I know where most of you live ;o).

*Sorry feedreader readers, this is my last edit I promise*

18 comments:

  1. Got the booties today and LOVE them! I made Storey wear them all day :) I know if she was old enough to talk, she would have been begging to wear them anyway...I'm totally writing about your new shop on my blog. I love the booties in there. I am definitely going to watch your shop because I am going to need some booties for when she grows out of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay was a visiting your shop and your booties turned out cute. My favorite pair are the Petite Claire ones. You know I'm a sucker for anything Claire. :)

    And come on people I know your looking at her stuff, so start buying!!! I would be if I had a newborn, but alas my baby is getting old and moldy. :)

    Great job Bridget can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY, Rachel took MY line. I like the claire ones too, because that was my pick for kennedy!! Give it back!

    Store looks good. One suggestion is don't be afraid of international sales. You have canada, but you should just do anyplace. usps.com will tell you everything you need to know. Corrie could also give you some tips on packaging to keep cost down overseas. Just a thought. I'm only here to serve........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the opening!!!! The booties are adorable, per usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the banner in your shop and if I had a newborn, I would have bought the Madison booties-they are so funky and girly, the Claire ones are cute too! Your shop is looking good, can't wait to see what else you add. I agree with not getting bogged down and keeping things fresh. Who wants to get bored doing something they love after a while?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WAY TO GO! You totally rock:) I wish I had girls so I could get some booties:) You probably could make big girl booties too you know. . . just an idea. . . tee hee (in your free time).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your shop! great work! And I of course want a pair- I just need Size L so when you get them up there.. I'm gonna be all over them! Great and C-U-T-E work!
    ~alexa

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could totally sell them for more than that! They are super cute... I wish Karlee's feet were still small :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. The booties are just darling. Makes me wish I had some more little girl feet in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your booties, they are just darling. WHY WHY do I have boys? I love the quilt and hope that you get it. You are welcome to come and sit around my house and eat chocolate any day- only it is quite a drive for some shared laziness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay... remember the Mervyn's commercial from the late 80's early 90's where the gal stood at the window and said "Open. Open. Open." ? (Please tell me you're that old to remember)

    Yeah - that's me - "Pattern. Pattern. Pattern." You are selling the pattern, too, aren't you? Didn't I read that somewhere? Those booties are just amazing!!!!!! And your photos - great attention to detail - I like the zoom feature so I can really see them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is not a nice idea but more of a demand....got any plans for boys? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The shop looks great Bridget and I love all of the booties!!! Just one question, do you ship to Australia??

    Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on getting the shop open! I'm totally buying some for the next baby shower I go to. (now if I could just get a girl of my own!! We seem to prefer boys around here.) Good luck and many sales to you! I'll send all my friends your way.

    ~Marci

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so happy you decided to open an Etsy- you have the most beautiful things, what a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ok..so I have been a lurker on your site for a little while now. I was so excited you opened an etsy store. I wish I had a little one...maybe this will help me make up my mind! I just opened my Etsy shop too...I was so excited, but then got really nervous about what I had made. I was thrilled when I had my first sale!!

    Your booties are absoutely adorable. Good luck! {and I hope you don't mind me stopping by regularly!}

    ReplyDelete