Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Blessing Day

Blessing day is one of my very most favorite baby events. Short of the moments right after birth, there is nothing sweeter than seeing my tiny baby all dressed in white. Such a reminder of who we are and where we came from.

I wasn't able to hear any of her blessing do to a faulty microphone, Kennedy fussing, and a very selfish family right next to me who decided they wanted to "hear" Kennedy's blessing instead of taking their 2 muffled screaming kids out into the hall. I know, I'm bitter and I should let it go but gosh darn it- take your kids out if they are screaming for a blessing please!

Most of my family made it including a Great Great Grandma so it was really fun. The perk to living in our home town is that half of Cody's family already live here so we don't have to worry if they are coming, but I'm glad they were there to. We kept it really low key and just fed lunch to the family's that had to travel back home. It was such a hoot to see my mom, my aunt (hi Tina), my grandma, and my great grandma stand in the kitchen helping me cook. Tina, I need that picture to scrapbook! I had 2 wiskers, a potato dicer, a side dish maker, and a "I think that plant might need more water" -er. Good Times!


As soon as Kennedy takes a nap I'm going to sew sew sew. I've got my etsy shop all set up but there's nothing in it yet so I need to get busy!


19 comments:

  1. Awwhhh she looked so pretty in her dress/bonnet. What ever happend to the hair bow? She looks so big since I saw her last. Wish I could have been there but you don't want my illness. Good luck with the sewing, hope Kennedy cooperates and you get lots done. Crap I probably just jinxed ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessing ceremonies are well a blessing - I too love it when all the family gets together for such events. Have fun sewing - I've been doing the same - my shop needs more product and it is so hard with such active kids - and I only 3 - I don't know how you do it with 5!! Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi bridget (: its funny that when all the generations get together all of the sudden you know your job and your place! lol! I loved that day too!... and your Alfredo and cherry topping cake!
    Love Ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. ♥ Her dress is gorgeous! And she looks darling in it! Sounds like a fun family time as well!

    Love the dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful...Kennedy and the dress :) I really enjoy your blog.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very beautiful! Can't wait to see what you come up with for your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks like a porcelain doll - so sweet in all that lace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good times, good times!! I do believe that plant might need some water, dang it! It is turnning yeelow there on those 2 leaves.
    I too believe that if you have screaming kids in church you need to take them out, expecially if is a blessing that the family of said baby would like to hear!!!!!!
    The dinner was great you are such a BRIDGET CROCKER.
    I am uploading the pictures now and you will get them today.....barring I don't sidetrack myself!!
    Beautiful, gorgeous baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful dress. There are so many things to be thankful for on days like this...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!! I have to comment on your blog....it's one of the BEST I've seen :)

    It was very interesting how I found it. I was searching on line for some great fabric companies for a friend of mine who is making baby papoose - style wraps. I found Michael Miller fabrics...went to their website...checked out their blog and there I found your ADORABLE booties which lead me to YOUR blog.

    I can't get over how creative you are...with 5 kids??? That is very inspiring. I have 4...but not 5... :) how in the world do you do it?

    Anyway, I'll try to sum this up. I read that you are opening an Etsy store. Have you thought about selling wholesale, or drop ship with online e-commerce sites? If so, we would be interested in your unique and one of a kind hand made products in our boutique. You can check us out at www.WalkRed.com (Red Carpet Gift Boutique). We just started a blog tonight WalkRed.blogspot.com - but it will take us awhile to get that down! :)

    We are in the process of adding hundreds of products right now to prepare for Christmas. We would love to offer some booties and other hand made goodies to see how they do for the holiday season.

    I hope to hear from you
    Emily
    emily@rcgiftboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree she looks like a doll !!
    Thanks Bridget for stopping by my blog and your kind words, hugs, Rosa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I just found you looking for a pattern for knot dresses! Your blog is fantastic! thanks for the pattern! I will have to show you when I finish it :)

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful dress! BTW, she is your very young baby, not tiny. hehe J/K she is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet. I love blessing days. I always cry when other people's babies are blessed, but I was always terrified for my husband when he blessed our babies (and I don't know why).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful! Did you make that dress? It's gorgeous! And the bracelet? She is getting SO big & I love her little cheeks:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! what a very special, memorable time! that dress is absolutely gorgeous. what a precious baby :)

    don't forget today's Free Giveaway Friday at The Pink Potpourri! Its a great prize, so hurry over and sign up to win!

    ReplyDelete
  17. She's beautiful... I love the bonnet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love her whole outfit, especially the little bracelet. I can't believe all you manage to get done with 5 kids! I am so nervous to add kids into the mix of it all, because I can barely get things done as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awwww... she looks like an angel! How precious.

    Bummer that you couldn't hear anything.

    ReplyDelete