Monday, August 25, 2008

My brief hiatus

I'm back to blogging and I'm feeling so much better. I haven't been able to log into my blog since I came home on Thursday so everything witty and great I was going to post about is gone now. I don't have the energy to remember. All I can think about now is my mountain of laundry and getting some sleep, lots and lots of sleep. Now that it's day 6 I feel great. I'm smaller than I was a week ago and having a nursing baby sure makes you sit down a lot so I'm getting plenty of time to relax.
I thought about posting my birth story but I love babies and my birth experience this time would cause most women to go out and get a hysterectomy right now so I'm really doing everyone a favor, I want the human race to continue ;o). Kennedy is just the cutest and sweetest baby ever. She has quite a bit of brown hair, blue eyes, her dad's nose, her mom's dimply chin, and the physique of a butterball turkey. She reminds me of Mary with Kaci's eyes and Ashlyn's hair color. She's just her own little person really though. She's my biggest baby so far and tied for the shortest, part of the reason my birth story isn't sharable.
I don't have any great pictures of her because the weather this week hasn't been the best picture weather but here she is- as is- the day we came home from the hospital and one shot from today.
Kennedy Mae Baxter


I caught a cold while I was in the hospital so between that, just having a baby, and school starting today I'm wiped out so forgive me if my posts are a little sparse. Have a great Monday!


20 comments:

  1. look at those cheeks!
    sooo cuteee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're home. I'd love to hear your story anyway. . . email it to me if you want to vent. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥ I love babies! Shes so sweet and the chubby cheeks... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man you can't scare me I volunteer at the newborn ICU and have had four children who all wanted to test me with how they were born. I want to read it.

    That being said, I am sorry it was tough. She has got to be the most beautiful newborn I have ever seen. Don't fool yourself that your nursing sessions are giving you enough rest. Take a nap sweetie, the laundry will still be there when you wake up.

    Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey look your blogging! I take it your password/email is working again.... This is why we don't share our passwords with our husbands. I figure if they can't share theirs with you then visa versa.

    She's a cutie! And i've heard the birth story so I'm pretty much all caught up. :):)

    I'll call you later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Bridget she's gorgeous!!! I'd love to hear more about the birth, I'm a strong woman, I can handle it... LOL!!! Take care and don't worry too much about the washing...

    Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's so cute and you're right. I don't like birth stories as well and I have had 2 myself!; lol... I can't even watch them on tv, lol...
    So happy you're enjoying being at home again with such a beautiful baby!
    Enjoy and rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so adorable! I saw her on Rachel's blog and immideatly knew she belonged to you! I am so done having kids and I actually want to donate my uterus to science. Because, I am beyond done with the thing. So if you want to share you can, if not I understand.
    Take a break from blogging and take care of yourself. You will be missed but we understand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so completely cute. AND she was a big baby, I can only imagine your birth experence. WOW. I am glad your home and everyone is great. I wish I lived closer, I would come over and get my baby fix. WHICH I need. I am 44 and there will be no more birth stories for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats again! She's so so so cute! Sorry to hear delivery was rough, glad your feeling better now though. Don't worry about infrequent blogging, I'm sure we all don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations! she is absolutely precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh! What a peanut--with snuggable little cheeks!! She's sooo sweet--seeing her sleeping makes me want to nuzzle right up to my (big) little one!!

    So glad to hear that you're feeling well, get all the rest you need though, I'm sure the crew will be keeping you on your toes quicker than you can blink!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a little sweetie Pie!! How are the big brother and sisters doing with a new baby in the house? About your birth story, do tell! I'm all finished with having babies so you can't scare me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had the exact same carseat and have a photo of my daughter asleep with her head tilted to the side, very similar!

    Congratulations on winning the "bootie contest" I LOVE the ones you designed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's gorgeous! And I love to hear birth stories anytime! BTW--I gave you an award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. sorry you had a hard birth... she is just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!

    From Kaci and her mom from Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is just precious, and even though a big girl to begin with, she still looks small. I’m sorry you had a rough time of it. My 3rd was 9 lbs 7 oz, and like you, I’m a skinny girl, except of course when I’m prego, and then something strange happens to my metabolism, but that’s a story for another day. I too would love to hear the birth story, and could probably relate to most of it! Hope you can get some good shut eye – being able to get decent sleep makes all the difference!
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey girl, congrats! She is a doll! I saw the pics on Rachel's blog and had to hop over and say "I can totally see you in her!" Also wanted to say "HI"!
    Good luck on sleeping for the next 18 years ;D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Bridget~ She's Beautiful! Congratulations!

    I'll be thinking about you these next few weeks, hopefully life will settle down and you will be able to get some rest! Love the Booties by the way!! You should market those~ they are really cute!

    ReplyDelete