Friday, August 8, 2008

Do you know what today is?

No, not the Beijing Olympics. No, not the 50 gazillion weddings happening today. No, not baby day. Give up? It's the beginning of the Grass Roots Festival here in town!!! Oh for joy! Much like the Olympics it will prove to be very entertaining to watch. I really wish some big t.v. executives would come here, have I got some reality t.v. for you-

  • Littering rubber ducks in salmon habitat. (PBS special?)
  • So you think you can Dance- Bud light edition.
  • Oregon's got Talent and they know how to turn the speakers up all the way!
  • What Not to Wear- ever ever ever.
  • Kids say the darndest things, around here it's phrases that would make a sailor blush.
  • Girls gone wild, or I suppose that's Over the Hill girls gone wild. There promises to be a wet tube top around here somewhere. (I think I just threw up a little bit).
  • CSI- Who left the billion beer cans in my front yard?
  • Survivor- that would be me and unfortunately I think I'm going to lose- stay tuned.
  • Desperate Cowgirls, lots of them.
  • Cops- well that will most likely turn out like the real show so never mind.

I'm sure there's going to be more and I'm so lucky I just happen to live right in the middle of all the fun. One good thing about all this is that I've gone deaf from last years experience so the speakers don't sound as loud so far, or maybe they're saving the wall shaking festivities until after dinner.

If staring at a skinny chick faux cursing at them through her window waving her birthday gun last year didn't do anything to scare them off- just wait until they see a beached whale bellowing at the top of her lungs in her night gown coming straight at them at 6 a.m. and 12 a.m. It'll be like the nature show "When animals attack". I'm not in the mood this year folks- you've been warned, all 2,000 of you.

6 comments:

  1. ♥ You crack me up! I remember your post last year at this time and your drawing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed so hard at your post. We just went to our county fair yesterday and you summed it up! It is amazing what is deep-fried for the tube tops! Luckily we left before dark to avoid some of the true carnies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your so funny! sorry you have to deal with all of that. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny!! Well I guess not - I can't imagine trying to sleep through all that - and being this far along in your pregnancy - you need all the sleep you can get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how i have missed you. I have not been around to see your fabulous creations. I think that horse is darling. I love the pink and green combo.
    I like the eyes. Makes him more lovable.
    I am even jealous of your sewing machine. I don;t even sew, but it sure makes me wish that i did.
    Love the fair time. it's our time as well. and white trash doesn't even begin to describe the type of people that flock to that place. You should take pics. Ahh the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post just cracks me up! I am pretty sure the same crowd comes to our state fair. Last time we saw a older gal with only a couple of teeth left in her mouth , going bra-less (with the looong boobs, not the perky kind), wearing a tank top that said “Wrangler Butts Drive Me Nuts”. Sound like she would fit right in!

    ReplyDelete