Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Searching for fungus

I wanted to post a few pictures today of the crafty things I was doing yesterday. The problem? I got my crafty stuff out and started designing some new labels for myself when Cody came home early to spend the day with us. Not really a problem because I was so glad to finally get to spend some time with my love (stop gagging that's what I affectionately call him) but I didn't get a single crafty thing done not to mention I seem to have caught a weird chest cold thing. My head feels almost fine but my throat and chest are killing me. Oh my voice, I couldn't even talk this morning- NOOOOooooooooooo!

We spent the day yesterday traipsing around the wet soggy woods in the rain looking for fungus. There's fungus among us in these parts (supposedly) but we didn't have any luck. I'm not a mushroom fan and I'm not a "woods" fan either and I was sick so I deserve a nice wife award for yesterday, and a ding dong.
Cody would live in a hollowed out tree and never see another human for the rest of his days if I weren't as adorable as I am. I love the forest and I love the trees and I would never live in a place that doesn't have either, I just don't like to be in it. I just want to glance at it from afar- a clean afar would be best ;o). Like this picture from the comfort of my car. Look at those pretty trees and wispy little rainy clouds. Aren't they pretty from inside a suburban?

The kids had a blast and got muddy and wet and played in what's left of the snow and Cody got his forest fix for now.



So maybe later this week I'll have some cute-sy stuff to blog about because if I can't talk on the phone all day I should be able to get something done. Have a fantastic talk-ative Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. I'm bookmarking this post. Everytime someone says something like, "Why don't you like to camp?"..... "Just come rub your hands all over in the dirt"....."Why aren't you an outside mom?" (that one is a true quote from daughter).....I will have this post as backup. One can appreciate and enjoy the outdoors from the window of a car, TV or perhaps even a calendar. :) I do not however, need to be trapsing in it. Although, this is all cancelled for the ocean. I could live on the beach. But unfortunately I do not live by the beach, I live in a desert with near by cedar trees. Thank you for proving my point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had to go into the woods. I too like to look at them.... from the porch of my house. And to waste gas to look for Shrooms so not worth it!! Love the hollowed out tree bit too. If I had a car today I would buy you some ding dongs. You've earned them sicky sickerson. :)

    :)rachel

    Can't wait to see your cute stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you crack me up, saying all the things that really go on here, pass me a ding dong and talking on the phone. hehehaha. I just wish you weighed what I do, so I could feel better about all the cupcakes I eat or the left over frosting that I had for breakfast. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. ♡ Sorry you're sick! Do do need an award or at least a day to yourself after going out and being sick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I used to have a hands free phone because I couldn't put the thing down. Now if only there was hands free typing. I do like the outdoors - unless it's damp out then I wimp out. Or if it's buggy. Who likes to breath in bugs. I can think of better ways to get protein. Pass me a ding dong - OK, no protein there. . .but they sure do taste good. Now I need a snack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit, I LOVE looking for mushrooms (maybe it's the baxter in me) ... as long as we can find some. Otherwise, I wish I was at home or in the car, nice and warm and clean.
    Ding dongs sound so good, I need to go find some chocolate =)

    ReplyDelete